[1.0.2] B9 Aerospace | Procedural Parts 0.40 | Updated 09.06.15

bac9

12 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

First go at a fix for the material inversion on mirrored parts issue

https://github.com/Crzyrndm/B9-PWings-Fork/blob/master/GameData/B9_Aerospace_ProceduralWings/Plugins/B9_Aerospace_WingStuff.dll?raw=true

Try and break it please

Hi, in an install with only B9-wings and the new DLL, the mirror bug.. is not fixed.

Instead of one side being off, it now shows correctly in the editor, but upon launch they're flipped.

EXE3nag.jpg

A6wZSNS.jpg

Completely unrelated to his complaint, I can see that SilentWindOfDoom additionaly also has the shader problem. But I'm noticing many people pages back don't have the shader problem and it's bugging me where the hell did I mess up. Even on a clean install with just B9 my textures get messed up.

Solid black textures, Debian Testing, Nvidia GeForce GTX980M, binary driver 352.79.  Makes adding control surfaces pretty difficult.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help diagnose - the debug menu log and KSP.log don't show anything that I think looks likely between entering the editor scene and leaving having placed a PWing, but...

4 minutes ago, Midnight Jade said:

Completely unrelated to his complaint, I can see that SilentWindOfDoom additionaly also has the shader problem. But I'm noticing many people pages back don't have the shader problem and it's bugging me where the hell did I mess up. Even on a clean install with just B9 my textures get messed up.

Actually I do not have the shader problem, It is just the mouseover effect. Sorry.

KOoJKD2.png

Are you absolutely sure you were mousing over the wings on both the hangar and on the runway? Because that gray looks really off, and that HSRI on the runway is as bright as mine. Should be deep black like the trailing edge in the hangar picture.

I replicated your build and took the following pictures.

First picture is without mousing over. Second picture is mousing over. Third picture is HSRI on the runway without mousing over. Your colors are identical to mine. You have the shader problem.

Edited by Midnight Jade

8 minutes ago, Midnight Jade said:

Are you absolutely sure you were mousing over the wings on both the hangar and on the runway? Because that gray looks really off, and that HSRI is as bright as mine. Should be deep black like the trailing edge in the hangar picture.

I replicated your build and took the following pictures.

First picture is without mousing over. Second picture is mousing over. Third picture is HSRI on the runway without mousing over. Your colors are identical to mine. You have the shader problem.

I see what you mean, I apologize for not reading further back. Then yes, along with the wings flipping, I have the shader issue.

Here is the log, if it'll help. Im on windows 7 with a GTX 970

http://pastebin.com/Z8PVydRh

I read your log. It's like mine, no serious warnings at all about Procedural wings. Everything should be fine, but isn't.

It's just like how the general lightning of the game changed. The SPH and VAB are much darker now, this can be especially noticed on the floor. Looking under the craft is also hard now because it's very dark. You gotta flip the thing to work on the bottom of the craft now. Also, parts on the selection window are greyish or look semi-transparent to me...

I wonder if this is all related.

p.s.: Win 10 GTX 980. Everything updated.

Edited by Midnight Jade

Everything's working fine for me except that animations aren't symmetrical. Also it seems like extending the leading and trailing edges greatly increases drag while not increasing lift. Don't know if that's something new or just me.

6 hours ago, 8bitsblu said:

Everything's working fine for me except that animations aren't symmetrical. Also it seems like extending the leading and trailing edges greatly increases drag while not increasing lift. Don't know if that's something new or just me.

No idea about the drag and lift, but asymmetric animations is on the known issues list IIRC, although my understanding is that it doesn't happen under FAR for some reason.

To add to shader issues, with an AMD card there's no AA just on the wing parts. I'm looking at the shader source from github at the moment but it appears to be decompiled rather than original source, which isn't terribly helpful :S

Edit: fortunately the shader source is in Bac9's source.

Edited by Van Disaster

6 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

To add to shader issues, with an AMD card there's no AA just on the wing parts. I'm looking at the shader source from github at the moment but it appears to be decompiled rather than original source, which isn't terribly helpful :S

Edit: fortunately the shader source is in Bac9's source.

If you know how to deal with shaders, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Totally out of my league :sealed:

Just for reference, if you need access to a machine manifesting the pitch black wing problem, I'm entirely willing to sandbox off a second X server on my machine and provide some kind of remote access, though I'm on a university network, so I can't expose it to externally-initiated connections; we'd have to use reverse VNC or some such.

9 minutes ago, Crzyrndm said:

If you know how to deal with shaders, any insight would be greatly appreciated. Totally out of my league :sealed:

Yes, I've fixed it so well it's completely transparent! ( I suspect that might be more to do with lack of any experience with VS & building projects, I'm not sure the shader is even loading successfully at this point ). This is probably a good time to investigate loading shaders from asset packages I guess ( which I know zero about yet either ).

I suspect there is more problems with symmetrie here than just the texture thing. I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, but when I pull up hard under high dynamic pressure i need to compensate constantly on the roll axis. it doesn't even matter what kind of turn I want to fly, left or right, it always rolls in the same direction. The same thing doesn't happen with the stock E42 for example. It remains perfectly stable. I can basically fly an endless leftside or rightside turn and the E42 will never roll out of it. Meanwhile I constantly have to fight my jet with B9 procedurals to do the same thing. Can anyone confirm this? I am running with FAR.

29 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

I suspect there is more problems with symmetrie here than just the texture thing. I don't know if anybody else has experienced this, but when I pull up hard under high dynamic pressure i need to compensate constantly on the roll axis. it doesn't even matter what kind of turn I want to fly, left or right, it always rolls in the same direction. The same thing doesn't happen with the stock E42 for example. It remains perfectly stable. I can basically fly an endless leftside or rightside turn and the E42 will never roll out of it. Meanwhile I constantly have to fight my jet with B9 procedurals to do the same thing. Can anyone confirm this? I am running with FAR.

Yea I noticed that too. I run FAR and have a minor roll instability that is very mysterious. It's always to the left. On my newest spaceplane build, I noticed one side had a longer drag line than the other side (Aerodynamic forces overlay enabled).

Sometimes, remaking the wings or whatever troubling surface (I don't use procedural wings just as wings, but also as body parts to give shape to my craft) from zero, even if it's a ton of work because I create some complex geometries, fixes the asymmetrial drag and lift.

And sometimes, it just mysteriously fixes itself without me doing anything... :P

I've had this for more than a year now, many versions of FAR later, so I just learned to live with it. Maybe it's a result of building something too complex-looking and with too many procedural surfaces.

1 hour ago, Van Disaster said:

Yes, I've fixed it so well it's completely transparent! ( I suspect that might be more to do with lack of any experience with VS & building projects, I'm not sure the shader is even loading successfully at this point ). This is probably a good time to investigate loading shaders from asset packages I guess ( which I know zero about yet either ).

Shader loading from bundle is on Github. Unity setup is simply a surface shader with shader code copied from bac9's repo and then exported using the part tools. I did something wrong though, because it looks like it should only be showing a subset of what it is -.-

9 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

Shader loading from bundle is on Github. Unity setup is simply a surface shader with shader code copied from bac9's repo and then exported using the part tools. I did something wrong though, because it looks like it should only be showing a subset of what it is -.-

I tried it, and the wings do have textures now, but they're not being mapped correctly.

nkxwuu.png

It's better than solid black.  At least I can see the edges to place control surfaces now.

11 hours ago, Crzyrndm said:

I'll fiddle a bit, no guarantees yet :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.