Problems with orbit maps and docking

I am having several problems with KSP with MECHJEB 2 installed. No other mods are installed, and I'm running under Windows 7 64-bit.

Most often the docking autopilot fails to dock. I have tried using the SmartASS docking method, and this also fails in an unusual way.

What happens is that I will be closing on the docking port, and as I get very close (<10M?) the ship (station) I am trying to dock to will start to roll away from the approaching ship.

When these issues are happening I also notice that my Ap. Pa. orbit markers are not stable. The orbit markers will rapidly jump forwards and backwards along the orbit line. When the game is in this state it becomes very difficult to manually set a maneuver point, and the prograde / retrograde symbols on the navball with also jump around.

I am fairly new to the game. Is this a know issue, or am I screwing things up somehow?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.