Science results show odd behavior

KSP Version: 0.90.0.705 win x32 exe on win 7 x64 and win 8.1 x64, also linux x64

What Happens: Whenever there is a set of biome-speific or default messages only the first in a list of science reports gets called for display. This affects all experiments.

Mods / Add-Ons: none (HyperEdit helps with recreating, tho this is a pure stock issue)

Steps to Replicate:

1: Edit the sciencedefs.cfg in the squad folder; replace all of the experiments results with the following 2 lines (replace "default" with the planet/situation/circumstance/biome-combination you'd like to test, look at my results file to figure out valid combos)

default = test1
default = test2

For biomes I recomend Kerbin Water and LaunchPad, for experiments athmosphereAnalysis and gravityScan as these together allow for all combinations to be tested.

2: Run the experiment a few times (I stopped at 10). If "test2" shows as a result that means the combination is reading more than one entry in the list.

Result:

Here is the complete list of my test results (tested with atmosphereAnalysis and/or gravityScan and based upon used references from sciencedefs.cfg and Crowd Sourced Science):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1G-RvlYzA1IZF5Luk_vODnfL8mTMXyItCPyKcseV-lDg/edit?usp=sharing

The Patern is that whenever something is highly specific (biome) or highly inspecific (default) only the first line gets displayed

Fixes/Workarounds:

none known

Other Notes/Pictures/Log Files:

If you go back to some of the first episodes of Interstellar Quest there were a lot more reports displayed. This bug may be as old as .23

Edited by harryyoung

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.