[0.90] Can't dock two craft

KSP Version: 0.900.705 Beta OSX

What happens: Can't dock two craft

Mods / Addons: Docking Port Alignment Indicator [Version 5.1] (AFAIK this is only a graphical tool that does not change any of the gameplay and shouldn't cause this problem)

When I try to dock the "Refuel ship" to the station it is right next to, the two docking ports won't engage and the two craft just bump into eachother, then drift apart again. I have tried several docking ports on the station but I can't dock to any of them. It doesn't matter if I set the docking ports as targets or not.

What is going on here?

You can download my savegame here: persistent.sfs

Edited by GTHvidsten

Try this thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/78863-FIX-Dock-Undocking-Bug-in-0-23-5

Almost certainly you have a docking port in your save file that says "state = Acquire" instead of "state = Ready"

name = ModuleDockingNode
isEnabled = True
state = Acquire
dockUId = 493069715
dockNodeIdx = 0
EVENTS
{
Undock

Cheers,

~Claw

Bingo!

That thread you linked to was quite old so I figured (hoped) it had been fixed. Apparently not, so thanks for the help!

On a somewhat related note: When I choose "Control from here" from a docked craft, then decouple/undock a docking port, focus almost always switches to the other craft. Is there something in the order in which to perform these actions that decides which craft is commanded after undocking, or is there something else at play?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.