Tool to show how much electric charge will be used

Is there a tool to show me how much electric charge my ship will use? I've tried adding it all up by hand but it never seems accurate. I thought Kerbal Engineer would do this but I haven't found where it displays it if it does.

Thanks,

Hello, I'm afraid that there's nothing like that.

The electricity consumption depends on the manoeuvres you make (winglets actually take electricity). The core itself would take about 0.5 charge/s? (correct me if I'm wrong).

Your best bet is to provide about 5 charge / second source. That way you'll never have problems with electricity (PB-NUK is best, the static solar panels also do good).

If you can generate power, you actually don't need to know how much it will exactly take.

Hope that helps...

Calculate approximate usage, lets say 40-60/min. and double the amount for generation 120/min.

+ Add a spare battery with usage turned off, in case something goes wrong.

oh and total amount of battery capacity should also exceed the total circular orbital time * approximate usage * 2.

No need to do exact calculations, just approximations + spare.

Edited by Myslius

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.