Operation Ground Pound. (Sequel to Op Return to Sender) (pics: soon) (game: Coming Soon)

Where did you get that cargobay? It looks like a B9 bay but all of those open from the top and it fits the lightning cockpit so it is the older mk2 fuselage setup.
It's six bits of B9-Procedural Wing and a couple of Infernal Robotics hinges. Has the advantage that you can stick weapons on the inside of the doors and they swing out but it all goes a bit bad if you try and change direction above mack 1.5. I actually removed the FAR wing module from those bits in the hull because I didn't think they should make lift but it'll still need some Quantum or Active struts to hold the IR hinges at higher stress.

*original comment deleted*

Anxiously waiting the release of this. I have a craft very capable of turning into an attacker, it is quite slow but during testing it took 6 AMRAAMs to the rear and was still capable of powered flight.

Edited by Noname117

It's six bits of B9-Procedural Wing and a couple of Infernal Robotics hinges. Has the advantage that you can stick weapons on the inside of the doors and they swing out but it all goes a bit bad if you try and change direction above mack 1.5. I actually removed the FAR wing module from those bits in the hull because I didn't think they should make lift but it'll still need some Quantum or Active struts to hold the IR hinges at higher stress.

That is outstanding! I wish I had the patience for something like that. But I really don't. One of the things I can't wait for is for them to update B9 to the new fuselage style or make an adapter.

Tested the possibility of an attack helicopter other than it being slow as hek, Once you fired off the missiles and ammo it was uncontrollable and the center of mass shifted, And if you do the empty center of mass, the craft was unstable when loaded.

So back to the drawing boards with an attacker, I also might toss up something together with a gunship. How many rounds of cannon ammo are we allowed to have since there is cannon shell ammo boxes that are add-on modded content.

Tested the possibility of an attack helicopter other than it being slow as hek, Once you fired off the missiles and ammo it was uncontrollable and the center of mass shifted, And if you do the empty center of mass, the craft was unstable when loaded.

So back to the drawing boards with an attacker, I also might toss up something together with a gunship. How many rounds of cannon ammo are we allowed to have since there is cannon shell ammo boxes that are add-on modded content.

I made a few attack helicopters in the past. They are tricky, the trick is placing your weapons and ammo directly on the CoM.

It wasnt pretty but it worked...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

They were from a B9 expansion pack by D12Aerotech.

And on the mission note....

So messing around with a new design using mostly stock parts, well it is stock except for the drop tanks and BDArmory stuff.

LOcynsB.jpg

9qW2xpd.jpg

Not sure what to call it yet, or even if I will have an actual use for it. But it is a joy to fly a bit twitchy at low speeds but handles great at supersonic speeds. And it has a .98:1 TWR on its airbreathing engine mode and a 1.2:1 TWR in rocket.

Thank you. I had no idea there was even an expansion pack for BD Armory. As such…I'm making the expansion pack off limits.

Any closer to a release?

It will all depend on when BahamatoD updates BD armory. He got back from vacation about a week ago. When it gets updated…I ll make the game.

I made this about 2 or 3 days before his return. If I had known I would have held off on making it

Any chance we could get another category of aircraft called fighter-bomber, essentially allowing 1 gun (cannot be the GAU-8) to be fitted to the aircraft and, in comparison to an attacker, less missiles, more bombs, and pretty much the same number of rockets and flares?

(also, a higher engagement range)

Just a suggestion.

Any chance we could get another category of aircraft called fighter-bomber, essentially allowing 1 gun (cannot be the GAU-8) to be fitted to the aircraft and, in comparison to an attacker, less missiles, more bombs, and pretty much the same number of rockets and flares?

(also, a higher engagement range)

Just a suggestion.

Well I kinda grouped Multirole/fighter-bomber into the attacker category. I know IRL they are different classifications but until AI can control aircraft for dogfighting…there really is no need to label anything a fighter. Also keep in mind you don't have to load your aircraft to the max. The numbers on the first post are simply the limts you can have per weapon

I would say post the mission BDArmory works as is now.

As for different addons onto the BD Armory pack, there is Spanners Boomsticks, JDAMs, and 500lb, 2000lb bombs and the quad .50cal nose cone.

Those are just a few.

Edited by Hodo

I'm just saying that the attacker category kind of limits you on bombs and altitude, so maybe having another category which is like attacker but with more bombs and altitude but less of a focus on guns and missiles would be interesting. And although it really isn't useful to call anything fighter here, the real life class that the aircraft I'm describing would fit into would likely be strike fighter or fighter bomber. It still is your contest, so you don't really need to use this.

These are a few of the mentioned part add-ons for BDArmory as stolen from the OP, and edited a bit by me

Parts by other members:

Direct any questions about these to the respective authors, not me

1. - Spanner's Boomsticks:
    • A variety of different guns

[*]- The Space Man's JDAM and cannon shell ammo box:

• A 40 round cannonball ammo box, and a guided bomb

- BigNose's cannon shell ammo box:
  • just a 40 round cannonball ammo box

[*]- Acea's KAS ModuleManager config:

• Allows reloading by kerbal ground crew via KAS

- Acea's Hydra-70 resupply box:
  • a 70 round ammo box for the Hydra-70 rocket pod

[*]- VentZer0's JDAMs, Mk84s and AIM-54:

• unguided and guided 1000, and 2000 lbs bombs with the Phoneix long range A2A missile

- Damaske's resized bombs/artillery/missile:
  • 250lbs bomb, 1000lbs bomb, 75mm howitzer, 155mm howitzer, 60mm main tank cannon turret, and M30 and M31 MLRS like guided G2G missiles.

I think that instead of disallowing certain mod add-ons just limit the number of them as the max weapon load-outs. You are able to adjust the amount of ammo in each ammo box if memory serves me right, so the 40 round cannonball ammo box can be reduced to say 12 rounds.

I would say post the mission BDArmory works as is now.

As for different addons onto the BD Armory pack, there is Spanners Boomsticks, JDAMs, and 500lb, 2000lb bombs and the quad .50cal nose cone.

Those are just a few.

Knowing me life though…as soon as I do some major changes will happen that will cause me to have to redo the entire challenge. Plus there is currently a bug in it that makes units with guard mode switch its target time (target craft switches to target missile). I also want to see if he adds anything new so I can make sure things are not to overpowered.

I also got other stuff to do IRL today and tomorrow so there is that.

Patience grasshopper…it will come

Knowing me life though…as soon as I do some major changes will happen that will cause me to have to redo the entire challenge. Plus there is currently a bug in it that makes units with guard mode switch its target time (target craft switches to target missile). I also want to see if he adds anything new so I can make sure things are not to overpowered.

I also got other stuff to do IRL today and tomorrow so there is that.

Patience grasshopper…it will come

That is cool, can you give a rough location picture on the map so we can figure out where we are going first?

Ok, decided to just outfit the ol' F22 for Air to Ground and added some fuel drop tanks to the wings. They take me to the other continent at roughly Mach I with 22% left. I don't know what sort of anti air to expect so I may have to add the rocket pods externally. If I do . . . I might switch to the F-35. Anyway, here's what I've got initially:

Hidden Vulcan

4 Snake Eyes Bombs

8 Hellfire Missiles

2 Linked Countermeasures

tLbmXdn.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.