C7 Aerospace - Spaceplanes and more!

Volcanix

(this name will stay until I, or somebody else, finds something better, and I make a flag for it. Put some name suggestions down there!)

Hello there and welcome to my Spaceplane Design Thread!

You may say "meh, just another guy who designs some spaceplanes", and you will be right!

However, there is some minor difference: This will be a mixture between posting new planes and the progression of my newly started spaceplane-only career save, so I will be posting the planes I regularly use for different contracts and you can have a look at their further development here. The mission reports of my career save, when they are kinda exciting. These also are not going to be mission reports like 'I did my gravity turn at 10km and went for a orbit of 80x80km', it will be a mixture between fan-fiction and the 'important' stuff. You'll see!

Before starting, some important things:

• I don't use FAR.
  • I fly with stock parts.
  • Suggestions, Feedback and constructive criticism are welcome!

The Lonit I

Small, early-career atmospheric plane used for exploration.

NuZvv1rl.png

Full image: http://i.imgur.com/NuZvv1r.png

Specifications

Mass: 5.1t

Cost: 16.780 Funds

Parts: 30

Cargo: None

Science: 1 x Antenna, 1 x Thermometer

Features: Abort System

Description

Just after starting my spaceplane career, setting up my 10%-funds-to-science-strategy and getting some parts, I came up with this early-career jet design, whose purpose is to fulfill those. It is really fun to fly with, and with something goes wrong, the abort system will get your Kerbal out of there alive! It can glide really well and is capable of landing speeds of down to 30m/s. I don't know how I should design my Lonit II yet, but if you have some suggestions, e.g. amphibious, with a rover, with a cargo bay etc., tell me and I will try to do that in my Lonit II! The next plane coming up will be, however, a small-cargo SSTO, but that will still take some time, until I got the R&D upgrade ready!

Download Link: http://kerbalx.com/Volcanix/Lonit%201

Javascript is disabled. View full album

New stuff will probably come tomorrow, have fun guys, and tell me if someone would be interested in having that story-ish like thing as a kind of mission report together with this, of course in another thread.

See you!

I like this idea!

Thanks!

I'm still thinking about how I should realize the story-mission report thing. I'm not a native English Speaker, which makes this kinda hard. Has someone got an idea? :)

Oh, by the way, my way to the R&D upgrade is progressing quickly, and I'm halfway through, maaaaybe I may be able to show of some sneak peeks of my SSTO then!

Some pictures from today's missions:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I especially like the last one. :)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.