Show orientation of pods in editor

Okay, so you code the game in a way so that the entire world revolves around the navball, and thus orientation cannot be changed inflight.

Fine.

Can we at least in the editor know that our probe stacks are mounted upside down, instead of only finding out hours into a mission?

Each probe brain has a label on its "back" side. And the letters are oriented so that "Up" for the letters is "Up" for the probe.

No, this isn't actually explained anywhere in the game; the only reason I know this was because it was mentioned in one of the streams Squad did in the 0.18-era.

Any suggestion on how to do that?

I am thinking that all control modules in editor has two arrows pointing telling which way it is facing and which is "up", but that would be obnoxious when you make a craft with a lot of control modules.

Only show the overlay while placing a pod. This way, clutter won't be a problem - you can even go as far as marking N, S, W, E.

Same problem faced, when constructed a rover with core on it, then put it on a tank (two total, each one side), then after drop i had to switch to front-facing docking port for actual heading and true horizont reading data on navball. just Show some like arrows when moving core/pod, to see where it is facing, if you cannot override (90/45deg steps afterwards in flight)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.