Embarassing suggestion: Do not downscale textures < 128x128

Seriously, why is even a bugreport or forum post of this required?

Stop downscaling anything that is already small. You're punishing developers who allocate reasonable texture sizes for things like icons, by making them larger than neccessary, just because you did not spend 5 minutes to consider, that textures smaller than i.e. 128 do not need further downscaling.

(For those unfamiliar with the issue: The texture-quality setting in KSP does not care about the size of textures - it downscales anything it finds, no matter how small it is - if it is already smaller than i suppose 32x32, it will become invisible (i.e. blank icons) because of GPU limits. It also is the reason for the recently reported pixelated icons... see, before 0.90, KSP would not downscale textures in PNG format, so modders thought their textures/icons in PNG format were safe. Starting with i think 0.90, KSP started downscaling PNGs as well, so modder's icons became pixalated/invisible. Still, neither did SQUAD apparently inform modders about this, nor did they finally implement any way to recognize textures that shouldn't be downscaled further - most simply of it being a plain lower texture size limit: <5 mins of coding time refused).

Edited by rynak

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.