Offset parts reset upon loading craft in SPH

As the title suggests, it seems like radially attached parts (fuel tanks, landing gear, etc.) that have been offset will reset to their default position on loading a saved craft in SPH.

Bug does not occur when reverting to SPH from launch with correct offset positions.

Anyone else got this?

Hmm... Do you have any pictures or a .craft example of this? Or maybe there is a specific way the parts are being offset? I haven't noticed offset parts resetting.

Are these craft built in the SPH, and loaded in the SPH? Or built in the VAB? Also, are you using any mods?

Cheers,

~Claw

I'm having the same problem. Basically, everytime (SPH) I use the offset tool and then re-load the craft in SPH, changes I made with offset tool reset. I'm using full Realism Overhaul, but i doubt it has anything to do with this.

• 2 months later...

Same issue here. It's a real pain in the ass too. I spend a lot of time putting things EXACTLY where I want them. Then save the model. Then leave the vab and return and reload the model and all the offset parts are snapped back to their default positions. This of course screws up my fairings and looks crappy.

Here is a simple example. Look at the batteries and solar panels attached to the cubic struct and then pushed up into the bottom of the tank. Then look at them after saving, going out of the vab, re-entering the vab and re-loading the model. They cubic struct, and the parts attached have popped back out of the model to their default attach point.

http://imgur.com/a/x1Jv7

Edited by ctbram

Not to be a nag, but we really need some sort of reproduction steps for this. I play nearly stock (MJ and KAC) and I've not had this problem. Is there something specific in your setup that you're doing? I see a few mods in there, which could be interfering with the way the game saves offsets (since it does some funny math when saving offsets).

Cheers,

~Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.