Airlocks and Ladders on non XYZ flat surface (I know, this again)

I know, there are many tutorials on adding airlocks but they all seem to miss something. What the heck do you do if the axis of your model is not up'down, left'right but at odd angles?

Blender lets me create a box in just the right location but, the axis's are all over the place and Blender is braindead when it comes to a simple function as AXIS ROTATION!!!! Something older programs for the Amiga had in 1985.

Unity lets me move the axis but this moves the entire box. I can create a transform in Unity that allows me to move it around but not the actual 'airlock' mesh itself. That moves as the axis does. And I have not seen a tutorial that says to use a transform for an airlock. The box, turned into a collider and set as trigger is, as far as my research is, is the way to do it. Undoable from what I can find out.

What am I missing? What tutorial have I not seen/read at least 10 times each? What thread, in the deep dark recesses of this forum, have I missed?

I still am not 100% sure that Z has to face out and Y 'up' but 99.8% is close enough.

I've had Unity and KSP blowup on me as I've fiddled around and I don't want to have to reinstall Unity again.

Any help, even if it's a "DUCK!" when someone else starts throwing things at me, would be much appreciated.

Uh, create a box primitive in Unity, remove it's mesh renderer component, scale it to dimensions you need, rotate it into orientation you need and move it to position you need? Not sure why would you ever use external software like Blender for setting up ladders and such.

The first tutorial I found stated to create the box in blender then make the changes in Unity.

I've tried to create a box in Unity but then I had the same issue with rotation. It would not rotated, just move around on the axis's.

Let me try again. Doubt I missed something, done it about 20 times but I'll try once more. Maybe my frustration is blinding me. I don't know.

My apologies. I guess somewhere I lost my attempts or I was just too stupid to notice things.

You are absolutely correct. Unity does allow me to edit the mesh/collider to align the way I need it. Don't know where I screwed up but thank you.

Uh, create a box primitive in Unity, remove it's mesh renderer component, scale it to dimensions you need, rotate it into orientation you need and move it to position you need? Not sure why would you ever use external software like Blender for setting up ladders and such.

Masochism?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.