100% Modded KSP

Branjoman

The one thing I don't know about is fuel lines. Otherwise you can get pretty much every other part you need from mods. B9 is a good start, KW for engines and struts, NP2 for more engines, AIES for probes, Near Future for solar, batteries, engines, and construction, Porkjet's habitat pack for cans, Kommitz Nucleonics for nukes, RLA stockalike for some random stuff, FASA for launch towers, etc...

The one thing I don't know about is fuel lines. Otherwise you can get pretty much every other part you need from mods. B9 is a good start, KW for engines and struts, NP2 for more engines, AIES for probes, Near Future for solar, batteries, engines, and construction, Porkjet's habitat pack for cans, Kommitz Nucleonics for nukes, RLA stockalike for some random stuff, FASA for launch towers, etc...

RealFuels will cover most resources (though I don't think it has an ElectricCharge replacement), and I think some of the UI is in the Squad directory (rather than in KSP_Data, which is where the actual code of the game goes).

RealFuels will cover most resources (though I don't think it has an ElectricCharge replacement), and I think some of the UI is in the Squad directory (rather than in KSP_Data, which is where the actual code of the game goes).
Right, and Community Resource Pack for more stock-alike stuff.

You'd need to define the resources and probably experience somehow which is the main limiting factor - remove Squad folder and you remove the definitions for LiquidFuel, MonoPropellant etc, which means no engines would load at all and KSP would hang on loading. So, assuming you're ok with moving those particular folders elsewhere, a fair amount of icons are in the Squad folder too, along with some IVA props, IVAs themselves, engine sounds and effects.. I mean, contracts and strategies are there as well, so career/science mode would be right out, but I'm sure it could be done.

The Vertical Propulsion Emporium actually, believe it or not, has a special reskinned fuel line, though it might not work with the new compound part module system very well. At any rate it WORKS, but it might provide a bit of nullrefs using gizmos.

I long ago removed the entire fueltanks and aero folders, since all those dozens of RAM hogging parts can be easily replaced with a few Procedural Parts and Procedural Wings. I know Bob Fitch started his current savefile by starting from scratch, adding only those parts that will actually be used.

I long ago removed the entire fueltanks and aero folders, since all those dozens of RAM hogging parts can be easily replaced with a few Procedural Parts and Procedural Wings. I know Bob Fitch started his current savefile by starting from scratch, adding only those parts that will actually be used.
That's par for the course in any RSS install. All the wings and tanks in stock and mods are literally just dead weight once you have B9's wings and Procedural Parts. Matter of fact, you can get rid of nosecones, decouplers, and circular batteries as well. Throw in Procedural Fairings and you can scrape a ton more parts out of KW and AIES, for instance.

I'm finding that lately, even with only a few mods, I am experiencing a lot more crashes due to running out of memory. I might remove a fair amount of parts, I don't use spaceplanes for example and loads of parts seem to be being put in for those (and not much else)

That's par for the course in any RSS install. All the wings and tanks in stock and mods are literally just dead weight once you have B9's wings and Procedural Parts. Matter of fact, you can get rid of nosecones, decouplers, and circular batteries as well. Throw in Procedural Fairings and you can scrape a ton more parts out of KW and AIES, for instance.
I really like this idea. I'm currently using procedural to replace quite a few parts.

Well, that is exactly what the SETI-BalanceMod does (link in my signature). Then use the AutoPruner file provided in the download, which gets rid of the unused parts in terms of RAM usage. Not only from Squad folders but also from eg TAC life support and other supported mods.

That is at least a partial replacement of the stock parts. I have not tested it, but using StockPartRevamp from Ven and the provided AutoPruner file probably gets you even closer to "total replacement".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.