Portal 2

Ethanadams

A portal gun in KSP would allow you to create a perpetual motion machine that could easily accelerate objects to far past the speed of light. Plus, in a game where the whole concept is to travel to hard to reach places, a portal gun defeats the entire concept. There is a cool game called mari0 which is basically mario, with a portal gun.

Could you imagine recreating the end of portal 2 in KSP?

Put a craft on the launchpad, plop a portal on the pad and the Mun and BAM! you're there!

:D

The pad is made of metal. Portals don't work on metal. You'd have to use the concrete around the pad, or the VAB. I suspect only a few places would actually work with Portal Guns.

Gilly, Mun, maybe Minmus, the whiter areas of Ike, Eeloo.

The pad is made of metal. Portals don't work on metal. You'd have to use the concrete around the pad, or the VAB. I suspect only a few places would actually work with Portal Guns.

Gilly, Mun, maybe Minmus, the whiter areas of Ike, Eeloo.

The portals works on a special material made from moon dust only. Normal white surfaces doesn't work. Has to be coated in the special white paints that has the moon dust in it.

I think the portal gun can be quite interesting as a method of space exploration, really. The speed of the portal "projectile" is equal to the speed of light, and has no limit that we know of. Makes a system with a ton of tiny guns like that in a secured place, maybe on the moon, planting one end where they are, and then shooting the other end everywhere in space and then wait till something connects to another body that may have the same make up as the moon, then send a probe over to see things.

The portals works on a special material made from moon dust only. Normal white surfaces doesn't work. Has to be coated in the special white paints that has the moon dust in it.

I specifically recall a section in portal 1 you use portals in an office-y place. And I recall putting a portal on beige and brown tile at one point. Then again, aperture does have some pretty strange construction standards

Both Portal and Portal 2 were fantastic games, though having completed them I've felt absolutely no reason to replay them. Still though, one of the best uses of 10 hours or so that gaming has given me.

I wouldn't see the point of a portal gun in KSP though, outside of doing it for the sake of doing it.

Pretty sure it does work on all white surfaces, the moon dust gel was just used because it was a good "portal conductor"... and because they're Aperture, I guess :P

Honestly, we shouldn't start an argument over a game where you use a little gun to shoot blue energy balls at surfaces and create conveniently human-sized, colored portals on contact.

It is a great game though.

I was reading through some geological field safety thing today as I'm going to Pembrokeshire in a few weeks with my uni, and one of the notable hazards was angry birds (not Angry BirdsTM) that would attack you if you got too close to the nests.

I seriously couldn't stop from thinking "AH, BIRD, BIRD, AAAAHHH!"

Portal 2 is utterly ingenious in both design and humour.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.