Cooking the books!

Watching a space program grow can be a beautiful thing... One thing I find sorely missing would be an overview of the players financial progress. Management/city building games provide serious, in-depth reports on many aspects of growth and I think the boys at KSC could provide the same graphs, albeit in a much more Kerbalized version... I've put together a few thoughts, feel free to expand them or squash em.

Quarterly Reports

- Income

- Launch Costs

- Payroll

- Rep gains and losses

- Science and Research

Long Term Finance Reports

- Contract gain/cost/net

- Strategy projections

- KSC upgrades

Post-Mission Reports

- Mission Logs: burn times, dockings, SoI transfers, take-off and landing

- Launch/Insertion efficiency: for Ecc<0.05 (deltaV required / deltaV used) x100

- Transfer efficiency:

- Crew/Experience

- Time of Flight, Biomes visited

- EVA/Surface samples

These would find a home in the Administration Building and I think it could be a great asset of players. I'm sure some hard-core players do all the number crunching themselves for each flight, but bringing it to life in the game would flesh out the 'running a space program' bits...

Cheers!

JS

I agree and I would be a little surprised if Squad didn't already have this thought. While the early game updates were rightly about getting the game up and running- now that we're hitting Version 1.0, it's time to start filling in the details and start player gameplay tracking.

EDIT: In addition, I hope the science review panel gets re-worked. At the moment all the data on what I've collected is overbearing. Too much information without a lot of payoff. It's a good start, but really needs to be expanded and reworked in a way that cuts all that data down to what's important to the player.

Edited by spinomonkey
Added info

• 4 weeks later...

I agree to having the Kerbin Mafia be the ones "financing" the launch of the rockets, with under the table negotiations as to whether the rocket will explode or not (you know, race rigging).

Ultimately though, money usually feels like a pointless constraint; going head first into economics creates more frustrations for the end user... so while adding information that would be useful is okay, and particularly easy; treating the economic game in any fashion other than pretend is likely only to be the realm of mods.

I agree, it would be nice to have some stats. They could also have somewhere that displays the record of your kerbals achievements, first you made, etc. I've wanted the space program's achievements in science to work more like the ratings in some of those city building/management games for a while, judging you on ongoing progress, rather than being a collect-stuff-for-points type thing.

I thought you were proposing a new admin strategy at first...

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.