Desperately need help with randomly discombobulating ships

So, i'll be flying along, and after a certain period of time the ship will randomly jitter about, and all the parts will become discombobulated (but still attached and NOT exploding), causing the craft to absolutely freak out mid flight.

I have a feeling it's the B9 HX parts that I'm using but I havnt taken the time to test this effect on lighter craft. The first one I made worked fine, then I made a slight change and then it started doing this. Since then, every craft i build does this.

What usually happens is I'll start a flight, go VTOL, take off, and start ascending. It doesnt always happen immediately, but then it'll randomly freak out. My latest craft would wig out so bad a part would shoot off dozens of KM away causing the craft to spin wildly out of control.

I think it might have to do with parts that I take off, and replace (perhaps to move or adjust them), but it's like theyre no longer attached to my ship. Sometimes it'll happen right off the bat, I've seen modules fall 90 degree from their attachment and just flop around. Shoring up part's like these does nothing.

With the latest ship, I noticed that whatever flew off was still attached to the struts. This is becoming incredibly infuriating since I spent 3-4 hours crafting these ships, and when I went to test them something would just flop around like the part had zero rigidity at all. Almost like it's not even really attached. (I've seen part's just literally fall off immediately, perhaps held on by a strut)

The best I can describe this phenomena is that it's like the part's are just storing up and gathering energy, then suddenly releasing it all at once causing it to discombobulate with out actually breaking (for some reason).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

This is the best i could capture it. The craft isnt broken, but all the part's will fling out like this then go back together (with this one anyway)

0NwddmY.jpg

Edited by The DigitalAlchemist

This is becoming SUCH an issue, I went ahead and captured a video of it. Imagine this happening every 30 seconds, whenever your trying to maneuver, whenever your aligning to a node in space, whenever your trying to go for a sensitive landing.

This appears to happen when I turn. I think it's just suddenly "jolting" the ship back to what ever it's original orientation is. Like the physics didnt turn with it and suddenly they catch up and go "oh no, that was supposed to be here" and yanks it instantly back into position causing the vessel to get thrown back in that direction. The effect is MUCH more dramatic if i'm only turning using torque since the ship cant "correct" it's self nearly as quickly.

The mods on this install are relatively simple, Thrust Controlled Avionics, B9, Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, In Flight Waypoints, Active Texture Management, Crowd Sourced Science, Safe Chute, and TweekScale (which isnt being used on this ship)

I really need help with this. If it was just THIS ship, I'd just re-make it and move on. Fact is EVERY ship seems to be doing this now...

My suspects would be KJR and Tweakscale.

I've been avoiding Tweakscale for all of .90 myself. Its a great mod, and I wish I could have it back but there has been funkiness with it. I gave it a spin in .90 and I do periodically and it's... unpredictable. Even when you don't use it on a given ship.

KJR just in the nature of how it works (again great mod, I was using it myself up until a little while ago) can cause some funkiness. It really isn't super necessary unless you are running RSS or one of the other mods that makes your solar system and bodies much larger.

Hmm... I had removed KJR and it didnt seem to fix it... Perhaps I'll remove Tweek Scale (which I only used to make the cockpit look not stupid). I'll throw it out the window and see what happens.

Good news is that it doesnt appear to be affecting my smaller ships anymore (from what I can tell), so it's just these extra large exploration ships.

If anyone cares, i figured out something...

Apparently some of the parts when you attach another part to it, it looses all cohesion and will act like it's not even attached at all. At that point it falls straight through the entire map. Attaching struts does nothing.

Also, it's not a weight issue. I discovered that I could just go into the files and edit them manually, and I did so reducing the weight of all the parts by 100x (including the thrust output of the engines so they didnt just blow everything apart). Didnt fix anything. First ship i took off with did okay until one of those parts the game just wasnt dealing with whipped off literally 500km... nearly crashed my comp.

Does any of this sound familiar and is there a way to fix it?

A solution has been found!

Big thanks to The Space Man for pointing out one of the issues that's been really killin me for a while, and blowfish for a (so far!) working solution to the HX parts issue!

Identical problem was described here, and the solution is posted in the very next post!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630-0-90-B9-Aerospace-Release-5-2-8-%28updated-30-12-14%29?p=1768531&viewfull=1#post1768531

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.