Extraplanetary Launchpads?

Gatekey56

* Search for ore ( either using scansat or whichever of Kethane/Karbonite you're using )

* Dig for ore!

* put ore through a smelter to make metal

* Fill a workshop with kerbal engineers, attach metal at one end, attach the other end to a launchpad, start converting metal to rocketparts and build ships. You'll need a supply of fuel to fill them too.

* Alternatively plug a supply of rocketparts into the workshop and build ships.

* Alternatively stick a stake in the ground and put a survey station nearby instead of the launchpad.

* Search for ore ( either using scansat or whichever of Kethane/Karbonite you're using )

* Dig for ore!

* put ore through a smelter to make metal

* Fill a workshop with kerbal engineers, attach metal at one end, attach the other end to a launchpad, start converting metal to rocketparts and build ships. You'll need a supply of fuel to fill them too.

* Alternatively plug a supply of rocketparts into the workshop and build ships.

* Alternatively stick a stake in the ground and put a survey station nearby instead of the launchpad.

how do put a stake into the ground? you cant put on ship and i cant figure how to put it into a storage thing

Howdi,

Let me try to explain how I am using EPL...it seems that MODDERS may be using EPL code in their MODS to make space-borne Rockets so there are now more MODS out there to make them; MKS is one of them, altho it has about twice the complexity and requires more buildings which may be a game breaker as it's graphics are somewhat high-end; I dont know to what extent EPL is at but it is the main MOD code to extract and refine resources; altho the models aint so great, if it wasnt for EPL half of KSP would be missing !!

I also found BahaEPL; I guess they also use EPL and was the first launchpad that I got to work when EPL's own launchpads failed...now that I have a better understanding of the code I am rechecking out the EPL models; unfortunately the code is the only thing in EPL I may end up using; there may be some other models but I forgot; I want to keep some of the original models for every MOD I use to represent a history of KSP in my game.

It is also pretty much as was said above on how to make rockets in space; however be forwarned that it does take a little work to understand it all let alone to get it to work; it may also have bugs; I have had to solve ALOT of MOD problems in part files; I simply am using code that works in the models I like but I have to use 3 different MODS to do that; then I have made all the resource use more realistic; I havnt extrapolated mining resources though (yet); meaning I dont mine for one product then just use it as a fuel.

I am now using Liquid Hydrogen as a fuel resource and converting it to LiquidFuel...while I dont do that yet I dont know the correct conversions...but I am using a simple chemical process to make MONOPROPELLANT from resources obtained in space...Nitrogen, Hydrogen, Ammonia, Chlorine I am extracting from Salt Water...you dont have to go that route but the option is there since you cant get MONOPROPELLANT you have to make it, for example; my Resource Production is based on REAL WORLD values and ratios as best as possible.

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Hi,

I see that survey stake...I think the CFG has it locate resources on the ground; I havnt tried it or even really looked at it as I find resources in orbit then just go to the area and mine; lemme look at the cfg...wait ahh KAS I can give you a porting code for the part (!) I just found this in another thread:

@PART[PARTNAMEgoesHERE]

{

@attachRules = 0,1,0,1,0

MODULE {

name = KASModuleGrab

evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.0, -0.15)

evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)

storable = True

storedSize = 3

attachOnPart = True

attachOnEva = False

attachOnStatic = False

}

}

Partname in this case..."ExSurveyStake" exactly as typed without quotes

Just create a CFG file; save it as 'All Files' KAS.cfg and put it in EPL folder; I havnt played with this code yet so I cant verify it.

Oh that code is for a Kerbal to be able to grab...there are KAS cfg files you can check I guess.

I could look at it and get back here...The CFG does look a tad confusing...checking out on live stream...

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

Hello,

You can add the stake into an editable container; one like is in KAS; KAS is needed anyways to attach the stake into the ground; take the part out of the container; then attach them to the ground; you probly need +x, +y, -x, -y at least there is also z stakes +-...attach them as in a graph on the ground; also there is an origin...after that who knows !

(Edit: I got them on the ground...if you drop one pick it up quick or it will sink and may explode ! I havnt a clue what to do with 'em yet )

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.