Symmetry Bug - SPH

This is probably due to handling "assemblies" but as it is working partially it's apparently a coding issue. Basically when I copy a group of parts (the assembly), as long as my symmetry is set to mirror, the placement and duplication of parts works correctly. If for any reason the symmetry is change from Mirror to Axial, any attempt after this point to place the assembly using the Mirror symmetry results in an incorrect orientation of duplicated parts, you have to abort the process and start over with the attempt in order to get a correct placement and arrangement of the copied parts.

Part two of this report is that in some cases the mirror option is not offered to you. Granted placing any parts that were previously placed using the Axial symmetry will force all parts placed on it to also be axial. However, in this example my assemblies are being forced to axial on the extended assembly of the wing, unlike when I was placing the same engine assembly on the main axial body. I suspect having parts around the center axis of the copied assembly is causing this undesired result in placement.

Mods I currently have installed include MechJeb, TAC Fuel Balancer, and Chatterbox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.