Bill: "Bob and Jeb disappeared and left me stranded on Duna!"

Playing Science mode on 0.90.0.705 32bit

running windows 8.1. 64 bit OS, if it matters.

Got my ship to Duna, was about to land on the northern on the edge of the snow. During my decent, I pull Bill Kerman out for some science. Since I had already crashed (the ship) a few times while doing this, I decided to quicksave while Bill is still outside the ship, to save time. Unfortunately, I couldn't save it this time around either. I press F9 to reload. Bill is outside the ship, everything is fine for about 2 seconds and then the ship just plain disappears. It doesn't crash, it just disappears. I reload the quicksave but the same thing happened every time. The ship is there at the beginning of the quicksave, but 2 seconds in it disappears. I can't even tab to it quick enough.

I ended up using Bills rock hard head to bounce him off the ground and keep him alive. Poor guy was stranded in the snowy region of a lifeless planet.

Following this anomaly, i went to hire more crew and it showed that Bob and Jeb were not missing or dead, but rather active on a mission. Anyway, I do another mission with new kerbals, and then finally Bob and Jeb magically reappear in my roster.

In the end, i took this bug as a story driving phenomenon. I ended up taking Bob and Jeb and using the same ship to land just a couple Km from Bill, and had Bob pick him up with my Duna Buggy. Starved and cold, Bill eventually did get home.

Anyway, so there's that bug : )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.