Crash on 64 bit KSP (no gfx driver)

KSP Version: 0.90 64 bit

Issue: I recently instaleld Unubtu for the first time, KSP is the first game I installed. I have no trouble running the 32 bit version of the game. The 64 bit however, neither the launcher nor the game will work. If I hit play on Steam or click on KSP.x86_64 or the launcherx86.64 the game very briefly flashes up, for no more than a second before disappearing again. I found it especially odd that the launcher oin 64 bit crashes in the same way as the game. At first I thought it might have been mods (I had Realism Overhaul and it's recommendations installed, but I uninstalled both that and the game itself, before reinstalling KSP without mods) But even a completely unmodded KSP refuses to work if I try to launch 64 bit.

Here's a log, I don't understand it at all really, but it seems like there's something wrong with something on the graphics side when I try to launch the 64 bit version?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5jpo034lw5la7t/Player.log?dl=0

KSP Version: 0.90 64 bit

Issue: I recently instaleld Unubtu for the first time, KSP is the first game I installed. I have no trouble running the 32 bit version of the game. The 64 bit however, neither the launcher nor the game will work. If I hit play on Steam or click on KSP.x86_64 or the launcherx86.64 the game very briefly flashes up, for no more than a second before disappearing again. I found it especially odd that the launcher oin 64 bit crashes in the same way as the game. At first I thought it might have been mods (I had Realism Overhaul and it's recommendations installed, but I uninstalled both that and the game itself, before reinstalling KSP without mods) But even a completely unmodded KSP refuses to work if I try to launch 64 bit.

Here's a log, I don't understand it at all really, but it seems like there's something wrong with something on the graphics side when I try to launch the 64 bit version?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5jpo034lw5la7t/Player.log?dl=0

From the log, it looks like you need to update your graphic driver. On Ubuntu there is a program to install new drivers (I believe it's called "Jockey". Just search for "drivers" on the main menu). Choose the "Nvidia proprietary driver". After install and reboot, it should run.

You were absolutely right. I thought I'd installed drivers, it seems like I hadn't done it right. Thanks much :) I do have to start KSP through the 64 bit launcher rather than the KSP.x84_64 though, any idea why that would be?

You were absolutely right. I thought I'd installed drivers, it seems like I hadn't done it right. Thanks much :) I do have to start KSP through the 64 bit launcher rather than the KSP.x84_64 though, any idea why that would be?

What does the log say when you try to run it directly or via a terminal?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.