IAS, Autolevel, Yaw Stability Assist, Mach One Indicator

Sorry, accidentally pressed enter as changing the title. Wanted to remove Autolevel and Yaw Stability assist.

2 suggestions I thought of when flying planes. Both minor, and easily explained, which is why I put them in one thread.

The first one is Indicated Air Speed (IAS). Its basicly the air pressure coming from 12 o'clock. Currently, speed is only shown as TAS (True Air Speed).

TAS is ofcourse helpfull, but when flying planes, IAS is what shows you how your plane will handle, as a lower air density will also reduce IAS. IAS shows you how effective your control surfaces will be, how much lift your wings produce, etc.

The 2. thing is a Mach One Indicator. Mach one (speed of sound) is importand because as you reach mach one drag increases massively (I realy hope that's modelled, havent checked yet). However, mach one changes depending on air density, so you cant just memorize one number and try to stay slower than that.

It would be nice if we'd have an indicator showing mach one at our current position.

Edited by FourGreenFields

IAS would be useful (is available with FAR)

Stock 0.90 has the same old terrible aero system it's always had. Lift is based on the sum of wing modules, drag is based on mass, shape/orientation doesn't matter, etc. etc., so no there is no drag increase around Mach 1

FAR on the other hand... (also has basic wing leveller level and yaw stabiliser aids)

64-bit KSP, not 64-bit Windows. Unless you choose otherwise you will be running 32-bit KSP (on the first screen in the main menu, if you're running 64-bit the build number will have an x64 after it).

Steam runs 32-bit unless told otherwise, I assume the store version is the same deal.

64-bit KSP, not 64-bit Windows. Unless you choose otherwise you will be running 32-bit KSP (on the first screen in the main menu, if you're running 64-bit the build number will have an x64 after it).

Steam runs 32-bit unless told otherwise, I assume the store version is the same deal.

buildID64.txt

Like this? :( I suppose I need to reinstall and choose 32 bits this time?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.