What would make KSP (perfect) for you?

Talavar

Oh theres plenty to nit pick over, the career mode i think is incomplete. But i love it.

The xp thing is the worst and must not be finished, but lets say e.g.

say they put in more XP goodness, making level 4 and 5 do things, e.g.

science at level 5 can do level 3 engi things + 25% science return, as well as be able to reset goo etc,

engi level 5 could do pilot level 2, and should be able to repair every damn thing that breaks. And should make your ship stronger that he is on board.

Pilot level 4 could be more stable (or smarter) control, level 5 could be level 1 engi + gets a personal parachute pack or something ') for Jeb

Ok dreaming perfection now

moar contracts, veriety, quantity, & a few more clues. Keep em coming.

moar monuments/secrets/observations of the situation

Not to NERF any of the engines.

In the building in career mode where you get the contract thing where you change the science into money - science should be worth waaaaaaaay moar than that. At 100% I was thinking selling 1 science point for more along the lines of 10000 kredits. Each. Yeah. Worth it.

Struts need to be 5 billion times stronger.

Never to crash again. Load instantly. Run at 160fps & look next gen astonishing. **** it, i want a real lifesized space capsule to house myself in, to play KSP REALTIME and visit every entity in the err... System.

But & I keep saying this I feel its desperatly important that we should PLEASE put more right clickyness on the rover wheels i want all the toys suspension stiffness, ride height, tyre traction thickness and the throttle control for the power and rim size, as well as the option for wheel guards on or off.

Oh and the launch stability enhanser needs the right clicky treatment aswell I want longer "arms"

And Customisable ladder length, that would be sweet.

Now the graphics are nice, v.90 (i think?) runs better than.25. and for more parts there's a wicked sick selection of mods its almost endless. It runs ok on my computer now, which is nice.

Improvements for the stock game in my opinion:

-More planets

-Multiple star systems (might be outside development scope)

-Clouds

-Better aerodynamics (WIP ... !)

-Exploration beneath surfaces of oceans and lakes

-0.625 meter air breathing engines (the current ones are a bit too massive when building VTOL's while planning to build small)

-More Ion Engines and Xenon Tanks (as in: different sizes)

For me personally, and I am just repeating what others already said.

Two thing: A) Performance & bug fixes and B) Additional game features.

I'm just a recent player to KSP after following it for 2 years. I bought it because of the wonderful mods. No, stock is not my thing and I didn't know point A especially was as bad as it is. So much so, after 2 months of playing, I'm a bit done with it.

Perfomance & bug fixes:

- Much improved asset/memory management/garbage collection!

As it stands now, every scene switch adds to the ksp ram profile and only a small part is unloaded from ram by the GC. This ultimately leads to process exceeding the 32bit ram limit. This is most evident if you start modding, but also happens on stock, be it after more time.

This must be top priority for SQUAD, if you ask me. Because a stable 64bit will not fix this, it only extends the inevitable, albeit it then being you hardware ram limit.

- Loading/unloading assets on demand

Continuation of the above. When you leave the VAB for launch, or switch to a vessel in some orbit. You would have no need to have all the parts still active in ksp memory. These should be unloaded, so the ksp process would have more room for planetary beatification.

- Physx5, Dx11, Unity 5

U5 is by no means a magical solution, but for part phycs U5 will bring multithreaded physics calculations. Thus will bring better performance, for anyone who has a cpu with more than 1 core ;)

Additional stock game features:

- Some new gas giant, maybe some more proto planets.

- More electric propulsion tech in stock

- Colonisation means

Edited by Gkirmathal
typo's

There are two things that would make KSP absolutely perfect, the first is actually two things, and that is bug fixes and balance, because everyone wants that :P. But the thing that would be the best for me would be improved, involved IVAs. Raster helps, but I want an actual feeling of involvement, seeing all of the little blinking lights and dials and monitors showing every aspect of my crafts status, everything under my visible control. I wouldn't care about any other new features, because in my opinion, anything new is just icing on the cake. KSP already fulfills more than anything I could ever hope to see in a game in general, and in that way, its almost perfect already :).

Edited by Dres

can we have a runway that doesnt explode when something other than a plane bounces on it...

but as for overall changes.. id love to see an optional 3rd launch pad.. similar to a helipad.. on flat ground.. some distance away from KSC..

people build more than space planes and rockets.. we should be able to start in the water, or on land away from the KSC I think :)

I'd like to see an easier ability to create great ships that go on one continuous mission like the Enterprise.

The ability to collect fuel during a mission should help immensely with that. I'm looking forward to building the Voyager II with both a science shuttlecraft and a prospecting shuttlecraft!

Offloading of textures to VRAM instead of RAM.

But aside that, gameplay should be more demanding from the player, I guess more to do is what I'm saying?

In a stock playthrough, on your way to another planet, or even waiting for a transfer, or in orbit, there isn't a ton to do, EVA, science, done. I don't know what else you could put, but maybe something that spruces the experience up a bit more?

What would make KSP perfect for me (in no particular order):

Engine/Video/Audio Improvements:

1. Rock-solid stability (including full 64-bit support so I can use as many mods as I want), that means no bugs/glitches

2. Highly optimized, multithreaded physics, i.e. minimal lag even with high part counts

3. Graphics that makes people think I'm watching a big-budget sci-fi movie instead of playing a game at first glance

4. Epic movie-like soundtrack and sound effects to go along with movie-like graphics

5. Full VR support for something like Oculus Rift

6. Full mod support for ALL parts of the game without having to use workarounds

7. Integrated mod manager (think something like Steam Workshop) that makes discovering/installing/updating mods trivial

8. A LOT more stuff on Kerbin (i.e. cities), it's pretty barren right now

9. Full readouts that give all the information you need at any given time without cluttering up the screen

Gameplay improvements:

1. An epic main quest for career mode that sends the Kerbals to the far reaches of the Kerbol system and beyond where they follow the clues from one anomaly to another, unlocking increasingly advanced technology along the way

2. Sci-Fi tech in endgame (i.e. FTL, antigravity, shields, etc)

3. More surface exploration parts/tech, i.e. micro rovers, helicopters, airships, boats, subs

4. More interactive Kerbals (similar to was KIS is trying to do, also more functional IVAs with working MFDs, combined with VR support gives the ability to fly an entire mission from first person and interact with everything you need to)

5. More scenarios, especially Kerbalized reenactments of real life missions (both completed and planned)

6. Upgradeable/customizable/tweakable parts (including multifuel engines)

7. A new tech tree that lets players choose the path of their space program (with a lot more focus on upgrades instead of just part spam, although a few new well thought out parts would be essential to fill in existing holes)

8. A new progression system, where funds are the primary resource used for unlocking/upgrading parts (instead of science), remove points system from science

9. Specific science experiments unlock specific things in the game, i.e. part upgrades that will be useful for further missions to a particular location now that you know what to expect, or reveal more anomalies for the main quest

10. More science experiments, especially long term ones

11. Full mining and offworld base mechanics, including extraplanetary rocket building, also applies to building additional facilities on Kerbin (and no, we shouldn't have to launch a rocket on a suborbital trajectory to build a base at the poles, there should be a better way of doing this)

12. Easily programmable mission computer (functionality similar to kOS but much easier to program, mission program for a craft saved in the file so it can be easily distributed)

13. Ability to set Kerbal/Advanced probe tasks, Kerbal will perform task automatically even if not focused (so you can tell a pilot to fly a predefined flight path, or a scientist to perform various experiments at a certain time). This could be a real game changer. Imagine building a two-part SSTO with a carrier vehicle and an orbiter, and being able to tell the (auto)pilot to return to KSC and land after separation.

14. More planets

15. Procedural content for more replay value (even if it's just randomizing some of the anomalies each game, also would be cool to see something similar to the warp drive mod that teleports you to a randomized system when used)

16. Multiplayer

17. Some kind of competition in career mode, maybe a rival space agency trying to hunt down the same anomalies

18. Customizable Kerbals

19. Infernal Robotics style parts

20. Lots more interesting stuff on planets (maybe one anomaly can be an entire ruined city with lots of cool stuff to explore)

21. A much more realistic physics system overall (aero, temp, pressure, n-body orbital mechanics)

22. An easy to use mission planner that lets you program computers, assign tasks, etc all in one place across multiple craft so a team of sufficiently skilled Kerbals (or sufficiently advanced drones) could fly a full mission themselves, for those who prefer the planning/building aspect of the game over the piloting aspect.

There's probably a bunch more cool ideas I haven't thought of yet, but here's a wishlist to get started.

Edited by Lord Aurelius

I dunno why so many people complain about bugs in KSP, have any of you played Fallout New Vegas?

Full release product and broken even after years of patching (for me at least).

I've run into the memory ceiling on my windows machine, but then I realised I wasn't really using all the mods I had installed.

Sure I get the odd crash, but its pretty stable for me :)

What would make it perfect for me?

I'd like a bit of a story mode intermixed with my contracts, and more sturdy joints.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.