mod parts not showing in stock filter system?!

hey guys,

my problem is that mod parts are not showing in the stock filter system. i mean im used to the old filter system and like it where u got the sorting for "structure" "since" "Utility" and so on .. but when i look in utilitys now for my mod parts they are not showing up there.

if have to go to the filter system and to filter them for resource type to see those parts

lets take the new bio mass mod from the biomass dev page .. some of the parts like the seed boxes or the extenable greenhouse are not in the stock filter "utilitys" or any other category .. if i want to see them im forced to go to filter by resources and to look there for biomass ..

is there any way to fix this .. its annoying and ruining my fun and interest in this game now cuz it takes hours to click throu all the filters to find the one part i want -.-

edit: topic can be closed, the new filter by function is broken and there is no way to change back to the old filter system wich only had filter by function. i asked steam for an refound because this is an game breaking change. 4hours to build an 170 part rocket only because of the fact that you have to go into the filter by resources and to look for the parts you need?! sorry this is gamebreaking and since squad gave no setting in all this time since the change to change back to the old filter system wich only had filter by function and nothing else they will never do .. this option in the settings of the game would take arround 1 or 2 days to add and there is no excuse that they dont added it and forced us to use this useless trash filter system wich breaks the whole game and fun.

no the mods wich are arround for the filter system also wont change it back as it was in 0.23 where no parts were missing in the filter .. i wanted to play kerbals space program and not "search your parts program"

sorry for my bad english its not my main language

Edited by blackysun
filter system sucks and i found out why

Are you searching for your parts in career/science mode or sandbox?

In sandbox all parts should show no matter what. In career/science you might not have researched the corresponding tech node yet. Or worse; the part does not have a tech node assigned in the .cfg. A part without a tech node does not show in career/science mode, ever.

sorry for the missing stuff, im talking about sandbox .. all parts are unlocked, in the game and working ..

i give u an sample .. the winged greenhouse from biomass mod is nowere in the utilities category .. if i want to build it, i have to go the resource filter and to look for biomass and there it is .. and i want all mods showing up in the old style filter system where u had only " utilities since fuel tanks command pods structe engines" and what ever was there ... its kinda hard to explain for me what i mean/want ... i can make u some screenshots if u want and hope this explains everythink then what i mean ..

Closed by request of the OP.

That said, it would really help to provide more information about which parts are not showing up. It's possible they simply haven't been updated for the new system and that it would be easy for you or another player to make the changes.

If you'd like to add that information, even to help other users, you can PM me or any other moderator to reopen the thread.