Hi ,

I am very new I asked about getting started with a few more stable and popular mods and was referred to using Ckan.

It worked a charm had lots of fun and I am half way through building a craft

Unfortunately today when I booted up KSP from Ckan it always hangs just before completing the load up , usually listing how many patches are applied.

in this case (827)

My KSP game is on steam I can only guess, but did it auto update to a newer version and mess it all up ?

Here is a clear list of what i have running

KSP game is a few days old and bought on steam

the Ckan mod manager

all mods are only chosen from the list on the manager I have not added or messed about adding anything.

the add on,s shown when the game is loading are :

KSP: 0.90 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.5f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bitB9 Aerospace - 5.2.6

B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.34

Community Resource Pack - 0.3.3

Editor Extensions - 2.5

Ferram Aerospace Research - 0.14.6

Firespitter - 6.3.5

Fuel Tanks Plus - 0.7

Hangar - 2.3.0.1

RasterPropMonitor - 0.19

KineTechAnimation - 1.1.1

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Modular Rocket Systems - 1.5.1

Procedural Parts - 1.0.2

ResGen - 0.28.2

ThrottleControlledAvionics - 2.1

a message from the add on compatibillty checker states that

b9 aerospace is for v 0.25

kine tech anmation is for v0.25

firespitter is for v 0.24.2

res gen is for v 0.25

This is all way over my head its just fustrating that I got it working yesterday and now its a cluster **** can I have advice from a clever person.

either on a simple alternative (reinstall game and mod with another method or check I have used Ckan correctly)

or just cut my losses and not use Ckan and try another method

any help would be so great I love this game

I tried installing the same mods through CKAN and also got a hang when loading patches. It seems to be something with FireSpitter. Could you try uninstalling Firespitter and see if it works properly without it to narrow down the problem?

EDIT: After more testing and some help from the awesome NathanKell it seems that CKAN doesn't install a rather important part of Firespitter.

A workaround for now is to go into your KSP directory, open the /CKAN/downloads folder and finding the .zip named <numbersandletters>-Firespitter-6.3.5.zip. From what file you need to extract Firespitter.cfg which is in the folder Firespitter/Resources inside the .zip file to /GameData/Firespitters/Resources/ in your KSP directory.

This fix made my version start up normally. I'll send a pullrequest to have this fixed to the CKAN repositories asap.

Edited by Dazpoet

hah its funny you should say that I took off all mods and gradually tried to get it working , back from gym just now and it works the only mod i forgot to put back on was firespitter.

(I don,t even know what firespitter is so no loss ,

I seem to have( fire spitter core) on there although I have no idea what that is either.

Sadly all my saved ships have gone with out a trace, there is not even a message about missing files , they have just been wiped totally ..not sure why , but anyway

I now have a working version of KSP with an obsurd amount to play with so I shall not mess it around for few weeks !

Thanks for help , as it seems it would have been the correct diagnosis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.