Scenario Creation Threads?

I created some scenarios from beginner to advanced, each containing a variety of available tasks, from flying aircraft, launching to orbit and rendezvous and docking. I am on iPhone at the moment but if no one else has replied by the time I get home, I will see if I can give a more detailed answer.

ETA:

I see no one else has chipped in, so I will see if I can get you started by describing what I did.

First thing is to start a new game save. Give it a distinct name to keep it separate from your normal game saves. I set mine up in Sandbox mode so that I had access to all the parts I needed.

In the new game save, you can either build the ships/structures you need, or copy them in to the appropriate ship folders.

Put all your vehicles/craft/structures in to their starting positions. To make this easier, you might want to use hyperedit.

Once everything is in place, you can quit out of the game.

You now need to find the saved persistent.sfs file from this game and copy and paste it in to the scenarios folder in your game folder structure.

Once in the scenarios folder, you should rename it as appropriate. You will see the stock scenario files in this folder, and the names you see and use here is how they will appear on the scenario menu in game.

You will now need to edit this persistent file. I use Microsoft notepad to do this, but any standard text editor should do.

In the first few lines you can amend the title and should add a description.

If you have more than one craft in your scenario and want to give the player a choice of which one he controls, change the line scene = n, to scene = 8 This will put them in the tracking station view with the option of selecting which craft to control

If you want your scenario to start with the player in control of a craft, change the line scene = n to scene = 7, but note that this will default to the first craft in the vessel section of the file. I have had asteroids occupy this part, so if this happens to you, you will need to delete the data for the asteroid.

Other parts that may or may not wish to change, depending on what facilities you want to make available to the player are the following lines, which you will find near the beginning of the file:

CanLeaveToEditor =

CanLeaveToTrackingStation =

CanLeaveToSPaceCenter =

CanLeaveToMainMenu =

The default values for a normal game save are True, True, True and False respectively. Each should be self explanatory, and the stock scenarios have these set as False, False, False and True respectively.

You can choose to set them as your own scenario requires.

I think that's about it, and hope that helps.

Edited by Scarecrow88

Additionally, if you create a custom Scenario addon or a tutorial, you will have to make sure the module is loaded with the game. For this you must make sure your addon DOES NOT START on every game automatically and you have to add it to your SFS file manually.

Edit your SFS tutorial or Scenario and add the following chunk as a new Scenario module (you will find other scenarios being loaded in the SFS file as well).

[/URL]
SCENARIO
{
name = THENAMEOFYOURSCENARIOORTUTORIALCLASS
scene = 5, 7, 8, 6 // the scenes you want your class to be instantiated.
}
[URL="http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#code"]

Just need to put in there your module name and the scenes to load your addon. When the Scenario or Tutorial (the sfs file) gets loaded, KSP will find your scenario and spawn it.

Wen you have everything ready, you would want to change your game mode to Scenario (within the main Game node there is a "Mode" Attribute), or Scenario no resumable if you don't want the player to abandon it in the middle and continue later.

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.