Parts physical location different to where the game thinks it is in VAB

tumblr_nm09ajnDnL1r0o48lo1_540.png

not really sure what's going on here... when i click the part from the menu to use it instead it spawns way back out of my view because it seems to think the item is not where it actually is... I really can't for the life of me figure out what's going on the item was centered in blender and unity it is only once it came into KSP it decided suddenly it's not, its getting mildly infuriating. the item has an animation, not sure if that'll have anythign to do with it, and I have tried moving it around in unity, i have also tried completely recreating the unity file, re importing it from blender, pretty much everything i can think of and it just always does this no matter what.

any one have any idea or has seen this before? I'm headed to sleep now but if anyone has a clue please reply I am in desperate need! thank you :)

maybe related to this...

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/114059

be sure to check the transforms of the part heirarchy before export.

root object with PartTools script should be 0,0,0 Position and Rotation, 1,1,1 Scale; this is relative to World coordinates. children objects' transform are relative to their parent coordinate, not the World coordinate. Typically the main visible mesh is 0,0,0 Position and Rotation relative to the root object, but this is not always the case.

ah thank you nli2work!! I was only checking the location of the part itself, not the location of the part tools game object, that was what was causing it, I will remember that for future reference, it had confused me because after a problem like this but less severe with a previous part which was actually caused by what Sumghai suggested I had been extra careful to create my part at 0,0,0 of blender.

all solved now just need to get the connection nodes back to the right place :)

- - - Updated - - -

tumblr_nm0rcvd07l1r0o48lo1_540.png

really chuffed with that seriously thank you, now i just need to work on the texture a bit more and make a stock-a-like one too :D thanks again!

tumblr_nm15tgu5Kk1r0o48lo1_540.png

done the textures as much as I can be bothered to for now, pretty happy with it considering its my 3rd 3d model that I have ever made and also the 3rd part for KSP :) thanks again, it all works perfectly now, apart from one encounter with the kraken when i loaded a quicksave where the doors were clipping through some rocket nosecones from side mounted rockets :\

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.