Moho, when it was first added, was one of the very interesting places because of its volcanic and superheated atmosphere. It was a genuinely fun mechanic that you had to account for when landing there. Now, it's just a dead, boring, moonlike body. Why was this done?

I'm sure this question was answered shortly after 0.18 when it was nerfed, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone else know? I would very much like to see this added back, or at least given to some other planet.

If it was to difficult, then I still don't get why it had tonbe removed entirely instead of tweaking some numbers. It is indeed a pretty interesting feature, although I don't know how realistic it is (mostly because: why would it appear near the surface but not in orbit around it/at a similar distance to the sun?).

Anyway I would definetly like more unique features for planets and moons. So you don't get that deja vu moment every time you visit another empty rock :/

I was not around for the old Moho, but it definitely looks much more interesting. I think making the KSp system more like our own is a bad decision, when most of the time it seems we just get really boring worlds. Really, Moho right now is just Dres but brown, close to the sun, and impossible to get to.

I was not around for the old Moho, but it definitely looks much more interesting. I think making the KSp system more like our own is a bad decision, when most of the time it seems we just get really boring worlds. Really, Moho right now is just Dres but brown, close to the sun, and impossible to get to.
same I only started playing ksp a year ago and Moho I just don't bother to go to I only really go to eve duna Jool eeloo (I recommend the outer planets mod for more interesting planets to go to.)

I don't know how realistic it is (mostly because: why would it appear near the surface but not in orbit around it/at a similar distance to the sun?).

First of all, Greenhouse Effect. Also, even though I wasn't around for Hot Moho, it looks cool.

I'll be honest here, I really didn't like the old Moho, I really prefer the new one. The old one was WAY too hard, and as Danny2462's video shows, you couldn't even land without getting blown up by the useless atmosphere! And they also made it a lot less ugly looking too, and quite nice actually. (Well, as nice as a large scorched rock circling Kerbol can be, but still...)

And the challenge in Moho is its orbit, and if you've tried getting to Moho, you know how hard it is, with the eccentric, inclined orbit close to Kerbol.

I'll be honest here, I really didn't like the old Moho, I really prefer the new one. The old one was WAY too hard, and as Danny2462's video shows, you couldn't even land without getting blown up by the useless atmosphere! And they also made it a lot less ugly looking too, and quite nice actually. (Well, as nice as a large scorched rock circling Kerbol can be, but still...)

And the challenge in Moho is its orbit, and if you've tried getting to Moho, you know how hard it is, with the eccentric, inclined orbit close to Kerbol.

It would still be nice to have for some areas...

- - - Updated - - -

First of all, Greenhouse Effect. Also, even though I wasn't around for Hot Moho, it looks cool.

You need a decently sized atmosphere, though.

I think the idea of making Moho more Mercury-like was because it's initial concept was that of a tidally locked planet which was hot on one side and cool on the other. They couldn't make that happen at the time, as they could only make both sides hot through the superheated atmosphere. So they decided Moho was to be more Mercury-like, while a the original concept would be applied to a planet closer to the Sun (where such a concept made more sense) sometime in the future, when they had more control over making a strange planet like that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.