Instant crash on load

First off, I'll admit to not having too many details. This isn't my install. :S

I'm crashing on boot from a client that worked yesterday. I booted KSP in offline mode on steam once and now it is broken. I verify the game cache and steam says one file needs to be redownloaded and then does nothing. When I load the game it gets all the way through the loading screen but never makes it to the title screen.

Mods installed are CollisionFX, one that adds mk3 plane parts, and one that adds a giant reactor type engine, and maybe one or two more. All seemed to be pretty popular when the guy that uses this installed them, but he doesn't remember and I don't play modded. If anyone knows how to check this that would be great.

Crash dump is 2MB, will not paste anywhere. What part do you guys need? I'd love to upload as an attachment but I don't see that option.

KSP version is 0.90, windows is 8.1 home, running a 4670k, 8GB RAM, and a R9 280x on the Omega drivers.

If you need anything else let me know.

Hi,

Please provide us with the output_log.txt and the error.log (which will be found in the crash folder [the one with the date of the crash and some numbers - it will usually be above the GameData folder] here C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program). You can upload the files to sites such as Mediafire, Dropbox or File2Web, and give us a link to follow.

To clarify, are you using a modded install and playing with only stock parts, or are you using just the vanilla game?

All the best.

Hi,

Please provide us with the output_log.txt and the error.log (which will be found in the crash folder [the one with the date of the crash and some numbers - it will usually be above the GameData folder] here C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program). You can upload the files to sites such as Mediafire, Dropbox or File2Web, and give us a link to follow.

To clarify, are you using a modded install and playing with only stock parts, or are you using just the vanilla game?

All the best.

Sorry, I was very unclear. The install I am trying to fix is modded and uses mods, but it is not mine. I play the game vanilla.

Error.log and Output_log

Sorry I missed out, didn't realize I wasn't subscribed.

Thanks for providing the files! From the looks of your error.log you are running out of the amount of RAM that KSP can handle (which is around 3GB). There are three ways that you can fix this problem:

1. Remove mods that eat up a lot of RAM
  2. Force KSP to run on OpenGL
  3. Use a mod such as Active Texture Management to decrease image file size

(I linked the two forum pages that correlate with the OpenGL tutorial, and the ATM forum page)

I hope this helps, let me know if you need another route in order to fix your problem.

Thanks for providing the files! From the looks of your error.log you are running out of the amount of RAM that KSP can handle (which is around 3GB). There are three ways that you can fix this problem:

1. Remove mods that eat up a lot of RAM
  2. Force KSP to run on OpenGL
  3. Use a mod such as Active Texture Management to decrease image file size

(I linked the two forum pages that correlate with the OpenGL tutorial, and the ATM forum page)

I hope this helps, let me know if you need another route in order to fix your problem.

Ah, thank you! I guess it turned out to be another "out of RAM" thread. :(

Anyways, it's fixed. Many thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.