Need help for landing ultra large ships as well as making them fly!

trying to build a ship like the Rocinante from the expanse series (a MUST READ for anyone into space) but i've ran into some problems

Pics of ship

Im trying to find a landing gear system that can take about 200 tons fully loaded. Wheels are not needed. trying to make it vtol capable too but without breaking the aesthetics much (engines on pivots?). flying in atmosphere is something that would be great!

if anybody needs the craft file ill put it up.

There are several landing gear that will take that mass, I have SSTO space planes that weigh more than that and the gear takes the weight.

The problem I see with that craft is the lack of clearance you will have with the ground and those fins that stick down. If it were a tail sitter I could see it landing and taking off.

The other issue I see is it doesnt have much of a control system for atmospheric flight. This would be a huge issue if you plan on ever flying it anywhere where there is an atmosphere.

I see that you have FAR installed have you looked at the flight data readouts for FAR to see if that craft is even capable of flight?

What landing gear are you talking about? I can always fit the fins on hinges if there isn't any clearance. She can move if thats what your asking but the center of life is very far in front of the center of mass but it tips down like god is pulling it. Seems like the top paneling (b9pro wings) might have something to do with it. shes a lifting body for sure. launch in atmosphere would go like this

fire vtol engines

get high enough to tilt ship and fire rear epstein drives

hope to god ferram is not even in the same universe as you

she just needs to do that.

Edited by senoiurkabls

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.