Bug gun which can shoot kerbal to the Mun.

This gun can shoot poor kerbals to the Mun or some other planets if you're a shopshooter.

There is a lot of talking in the video, but it's useless so I didn't translate it.

5:00 - kerbal is going to the Mun.

Edited by KHTRE

what "bug" is it? clipping?

Nope. No matter how many engines you clip, kerbals won't leave the atmosphere. It only works when engines are hanging on the springs. You can see it in the video.

Nope. No matter how many engines you clip, kerbals won't leave the atmosphere. It only works when engines are hanging on the springs. You can see it in the video.

The best I come up with is that you are stressing your computer on launch (all those engines on "springs") just enough so it skips a few (crucial) calculations on the lower atmosphere, and thus you retain more of your awesome speed. Has anybody else tried it on a different computer and logged his height?

Rune. It awesome in any case.

This is not a bug. It is simply physics. For a rocket to produce thrust it requires some matter to be ejected outwards at a high speed. What is happening here is a lot of mass with a lot of momentum is imparting its kinetic energy onto the Kerbal. A similar effect can be seen when you decouple a stage in orbit and then throttle up an engine (that is is in front of it). This will push the decoupled stage backwards and often make the spent stage rotate.

This is not a bug. It is simply physics. For a rocket to produce thrust it requires some matter to be ejected outwards at a high speed. What is happening here is a lot of mass with a lot of momentum is imparting its kinetic energy onto the Kerbal. A similar effect can be seen when you decouple a stage in orbit and then throttle up an engine (that is is in front of it). This will push the decoupled stage backwards and often make the spent stage rotate.

It only works when engines are hanging on the springs. This is the "bug". Any other construction without springs will send kerbal only up to 15-20km.

"Ñух!" In the spirit of trying to learn Russian.

Or, I think that's Russian.

You're in Ukraine I see. So maybe you're not speaking Russian.

Well, I think you know what I mean by "ñух."

Anyways, amazing work! Another great creation from the "Ukranian Whackjob." :wink:

Aside from teh fact that ur using the spring bug, its quite cool.

i actually use mass drivers as both weapons and to launch small fighters/drones to other planets within the jool system (a kr2l driver is able to get a ship from moon to moon basically with it, saves ALOT of dV especially in some of my short range craft).

"Ñух!" In the spirit of trying to learn Russian.

Or, I think that's Russian.

You're in Ukraine I see. So maybe you're not speaking Russian.

Well, I think you know what I mean by "ñух."

Anyways, amazing work! Another great creation from the "Ukranian Whackjob." :wink:

Yes, it was russian and I understood what you meant. But I believe, you meant "Ñðñðх". It's just like "Ñðх" or "Ñух", but much bigger. :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.