The Oscar-B Awards! (Results Are Out!!)

BagelRabbit

Lol! ^

I am pleased to report due to Scott Manley and RoninPawn and many others, my awesome-o-meter has broke after spending hours pegged to the max.

Unfortunately I need a day or two more to go through all the channels. There's a lot of incredibly awesome talent out there and I don't want to rush it. I will end up wasting hours on a single channel when I see a particularly epic series of explosions. Or spacecraft made out of recycled materials. Or Scott Manley vs kids in a deathmatch over Kerbin City :D

That should be sufficient time for me, so long as the server room doesn't blow up when I'm away, users/managers/fellow kerbal engineers don't stage a riot, etc.

There are a couple other judges also submitting their votes though.

Time for judging day​!

Hey guys!

Semi-finalists are not up yet. - Please don't have a heart attack.

Unfortunately, pandoras kitten hasn't sent in the full set of scores... yet. Also, one judge (not naming names here) hasn't submitted his entries at all yet. I'll send him/her a PM now.

Most of the scores are all-but-settled, but I just want to make sure that everything is properly tallied before announcing the finalists. (There's a separate and honorable badge for the finalists, which you can take a look at here. It's quite nice.)

Even after the finalists are announced, I'm going to have another round of judging for the Grand Supreme Winners. It will likely be a week or so more before those results come out. Hopefully, we can get some hype going in the meantime! :)

I really appreciate all of the judges' hard work on this. It was quite an endeavor for me to judge the Oscar-B's, myself. I had a lot of trouble with deciding the second-place entry for one category, for example: there were no less than three entries that were fully deserving of that spot. Let it be known to all of the nominees that even if you aren't a finalist, your stuff is still great.

I would love to 3D-print trophies for all of the winners, but they start at about $100 and there are fourteen categories. I really don't want to spend some $1,400 on this. Hopefully that's understandable. (If you can think of an alternate way of doing it or if you own a fancy 3D printer, PM me! I'd love to make that happen.)

Sorry for the brief update. I know that some of you were expecting more than this. And trust me, it is coming soon.

-Upsilon

When the few remaining judges submit their full disclosures of who is the King of All Awesome :3

I'd suggest not to rush them, as there are many categories and individual videos to go through - we certainly want to watch everything that is watchable and bask in the light of all that is awesome :3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.