REQUEST!! Mun Observation Tower

Hi fellow Kerbals!!

I'm trying to build an tower on the Mun in style of the CN tower but I have no clue where to start. Can you guys help me out with some ideas or inspiration??

It has to have at least a cupola module and has to be pretty high too.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Ferdoni

Cnn tower ? :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_Center

Are you sure it's not the CN tower you want ? :)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cn_tower

Now, for getting something like the CN tower to stand on the mün, you'll need to prepare a wide base plate, as we can't have support structures under the surface, and to try to lower the center of gravity (by putting weights near the base plate)

Such tall structure will start falling over if the center of gravity goes outside the zone created by the base.

You could use some reaction wheels to help keeping things upright, but it won't replace an horizontal flat landing zone :)

Now, for the carrier rocket, guess you'll have to place multistage boosters around the core tower :)

Start small...! Have a look at the BOC in my signature. It's got an observation tower! No restaurant though. But it will fly itself to the Mun with its crepe launcher.

You might want to look at the Minmus Lighthouse challenge for ideas, or the chap who did the whole Minmus Skyrcraper (biblical proportions!).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.