Should I scrub my massive Jool mission because of 1.0?

What should I do?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• A. Give up, scrub the mission and start over in 1.0.
    • B. Continue and visit 0.25 Jool. 1.0 will still be there when youââ?¬â?¢re done.

I vote to complete it. As an analogy, I specifically wanted to complete a Jool-5 mission in .90 because I would never get the opportunity to solve that particular challenge under that ruleset again. ISRU in particular changes the nature of a Jool-5 mission, which is precisely why there's a separate Kethane version of it.

The Vox Populi has spoken! Thanks Everyone!

I’m going to finish the mission.

That means that won’t be upgrading a 1.0 any time soon. And that means I’m not going to have anything to say here in the forums for a while.

I will be making fast work of the mission, and I am going to post an (abridged) mission report, which will now have the subtitle “An Adventurer in Beta 0.25â€Â

So enjoy 1.0 everyone! I’ll see you again when I’m back from Jool!

Brainlord over and out!

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

No 'none of the above' option?

I'm in the same conundrum and I've decided the mission will continue, I'll just need an additional testing phase to adjust for 1.0 aero, which will affect my initial launch and the behavior of my Laythe plane (in the latter case, I suspect it will behave even better than and no changes will be needed). Other than that I don't see why the mission would be much different than in .90 (or .25).

Finish it! I have the same dilemma, my main interplanetary was due to depart a day after 1.0 hit, so I just bumped everything else off the schedule :)

Now the interplanetary ship has ditched its engine pods, and become my first manned station around Laythe! I may have had to rush it a little, but I feel it was entirely worth it :)

• 2 weeks later...
The Vox Populi has spoken! Thanks Everyone!

I’m going to finish the mission.

That means that won’t be upgrading a 1.0 any time soon. And that means I’m not going to have anything to say here in the forums for a while.

I will be making fast work of the mission, and I am going to post an (abridged) mission report, which will now have the subtitle “An Adventurer in Beta 0.25â€Â

So enjoy 1.0 everyone! I’ll see you again when I’m back from Jool!

Brainlord over and out!

Hmmn, I don;t know what operating system you're using, but I can play any version of KSP (from amongst those I've downloaded and installed) simply by going to the appropriate folder and running the game. I tend to rename KSP's folder to indicate the version (so KSP_0_23_5, KSP_0_24 etc right through to KSP_1) and, well it just works. Might be worth seeing whether asking whether the same can be safely done on whatever OS you;re running.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.