I can't download KSP 1.0 :( - Please help!

I've been using ksp for years and absolutely love the game. I bought the game from the website, but to my dismay I can't download ksp 1.0.

I am using the 32bit version of KSP on windows 8.1.

I've tried these methods-

Using the launcher - won't progress past "checking for updates"

Using the patcher - won't do anything, just stays at 0% permanently in the "getting things ready" section.

Using the website - doesn't work as the servers are still migrating.

Unfortunately I didn't buy the game on steam so I can't use that. I found the download instructions at www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/instructions.php but predictably that is also being migrated.

Is there anything else I should try or am I going to have to listen to my friends gloating at me over skype at me all week?

I've been using ksp for years and absolutely love the game. I bought the game from the website, but to my dismay I can't download ksp 1.0.

I am using the 32bit version of KSP on windows 8.1.

I've tried these methods-

Using the launcher - won't progress past "checking for updates"

Using the patcher - won't do anything, just stays at 0% permanently in the "getting things ready" section.

Using the website - doesn't work as the servers are still migrating.

Unfortunately I didn't buy the game on steam so I can't use that. I found the download instructions at www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/instructions.php but predictably that is also being migrated.

Is there anything else I should try or am I going to have to listen to my friends gloating at me over skype at me all week?

There are several things you can do; Squad didn't plan this very well since DNS updates hardly propagate instantly across the world.

a) Wait for your DNS to update; clearing your DNS cache might help (probably not unless your spamming the refresh while waiting)

B) connect directly to squad's IP. I'm not comfortable posting an anonymous IP and telling people to connect to it, but it's available on the forum and through the internets.

c) buy another copy on steam :P

There are several things you can do; Squad didn't plan this very well since DNS updates hardly propagate instantly across the world.

a) Wait for your DNS to update; clearing your DNS cache might help (probably not unless your spamming the refresh while waiting)

B) connect directly to squad's IP. I'm not comfortable posting an anonymous IP and telling people to connect to it, but it's available on the forum and through the internets.

c) buy another copy on steam :P

Thanks, I cleared my DNS and refreshed the page, now working properly. Bring on the download Hype!

similar issue here: my download is consistently failing at 112 or less megabytes downloaded. Should I just wait and try again or is there maybe something I can do to fix this?

----EDIT----

Issue resolved.

Edited by Greenfire32

• 1 month later...
similar issue here: my download is consistently failing at 112 or less megabytes downloaded. Should I just wait and try again or is there maybe something I can do to fix this?

----EDIT----

Issue resolved.

Any chance you could share your method? :/ i've been itching to play ksp for ages now and i have the same problem and cannot find a solution ;-;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.