...Pol contracts, already!?

I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. After completing a series of contracts related to the Mun, I expected contracts for Minmus to start popping up as per usual. Instead, Pol of all places started appearing on my contracts list. The usual lot of contracts (plant a flag, transmit/return science data, build a base/station) started popping up as though nothing out of the ordinary were going on. Why do you suppose my Kerbals are suddenly so fascinated in Jool's speck of pollen that they'd favor contracts going all the way out there over visiting its bright-blue analogue in Kerbin orbit?

Edited by Claw

I have only gotten an "explore minimus" contract in one of my career runs. It always seems to get skipped and go to duna. (fine by me. sending a probe to duna is easer than sending a manned lander to minmus anyways). If you want to go to minmus (I recommend it, the low grav makes it a biome hopper dream), just do contracts for minmus (fly by, science) or LKO to get your funds.

Maybe they wanted to find out what those rock spires were made of. Pure ragweed pollen?

How is the contract system supposed to pick them, anyways? Is it reputation? You may have gotten a surge doing mun contracts and BAM Pol? I usually get it after Duna and Eve, though.

EDIT: Though one time I got explore contracts for Jool, Pol and Bop. Did them all in one go with probes in one relatively modest-sized launch.

The cause of this is known, and being fixed. You did a science experiment at the flag pole. For now, there is a workaround: open up your save, scroll to the ProgressTracking section, and remove the Pol segment from it, then save.

Wow, lol. Who'da thought it was the flag pole... I guess because it has "pol" in the name? xD

I'm glad I checked this thread, because it was mystifying me too.

Meanwhile at KSC:

Wernher von Kerman: Congratulations Lola! We just heard the amazing news - you made it all the way to Pol!

Lola: ehh?!?

Wernher von: And in a rover no less! However did you manage that?

Lola: What? What are you talking about? What's going on?!? I'm just an intern here!

Wernher von: You know, earlier today - look, here's the newspaper headline!

"LOLA **** FLAG **** POL****"

Val: That sure is a lot of coffee stains on that newspaper there...

Wernher von: Jeb buzzed the control tower this morning AGAIN...

Val (squints): "Lola... visits... flag pole... at KSC."

Wernher: No, it says "Lola plants flag on Pol"! ...right?

*squints*

Well now I feel stupid...

Edited by parameciumkid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.