Flaps-Mode should disable steering

I've been toying around with the new aerodynamics, and discovered that ailerons in flaps mode still respond to control input, so whenever I control the aircraft they will leave flaps mode until no steering command is given anymore, at which point they return to flaps again. This is irritating me, as I have a set of ailerons on a big jetliner that i want to double up as both control surfaces AND flaps (So don't spam about disabling pitch/yaw/roll). I need the flaps for stability and fine control, but also the control surface for hard maneuvering (As for pulling up if the plane is diving towards the ground, or to turn away from a building, etc.) I hope this is a bug, and if not I would like it to either be changed, or to have an option to disable control when flaps mode is on.

EDIT: An option to disable control surface could be added, so you can use action-groups (in this case the same as for flaps mode) to disable the steering of an aileron.

EDIT 2: Apparently it is not clear enough: DO NOT SUGGEST DISABLING PITCH/YAW/ROLL. Thank you.

Edited by Master_Evar

Looks like you're trying to build to a more detailed design than I'm usually worried about, but do you have the option of including more than one control surface - that way some control surfaces could be used only as flaps (disable pitch/yaw/roll) and the others as control?

Looks like you're trying to build to a more detailed design than I'm usually worried about, but do you have the option of including more than one control surface - that way some control surfaces could be used only as flaps (disable pitch/yaw/roll) and the others as control?

If I'm reading his post right, he does have multiple sets of control surfaces, and wants to have one set be flaps while the other is steering on one mode, but then be able to use both sets for steering when hard maneuvering is required.

If I'm reading his post right, he does have multiple sets of control surfaces, and wants to have one set be flaps while the other is steering on one mode, but then be able to use both sets for steering when hard maneuvering is required.

That is right. Right now flaps is temporarily disabled when maneuvering, unless you disable all control axis.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a set of ailerons on a big jetliner that i want to double up as both control surfaces AND flaps (So don't spam about disabling pitch/yaw/roll).

I have multiple sets, but I want one set to be both flaps and steering. Right now they'll always steer, even if flaps is on.

- - - Updated - - -

And it makes no sense for ailerons in flaps mode to still respond to steering. You put it in flaps mode to keep it in flaps mode.

Then, what's the problem? Just disable all of them – problem solved.
I have a set of ailerons on a big jetliner that i want to double up as both control surfaces AND flaps (So don't spam about disabling pitch/yaw/roll).

I wrote that sentence to NOT get this kind of spam. I want a control surface to act as flaps when i turn flaps on, and as a control surface when flaps is off. if i disable them they can not act as control surfaces anymore, got it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.