Aero Test Lab

With 1.0 i'm sure there are some that have made a design that simply will not fly correctly. This new building would hopefully help those new players and possibly some old players.

[Aerodynamic Testing Facility]

In this building you can load up a craft, be it spaceplane, rocket, or just a plain old plane, a player would be able to see how the craft would react to different angles, speeds, or forces. The player could see how much drag or DeltaV that the craft would be wasting. This could also allow the 'Display Aero Forces In Flight' in the debug menu to be utilized in another way.

Just a rough idea that popped into my head when loading up a new career mode in 1.0. Feel free to add your own ideas to it if want.

• 2 months later...

I would welcome rover test track either, its easier to make (just make part of the bumpy road next to center) and thats it!, about airplanes - it is about testing so i would count that for a part of the game itself, i do not need this right now, altrhrough in real world it does make sense.

I suggested something like this some time ago. It would be good to have.

Though wasn't SQUAD saying it will be implemented soon-ish? I think I saw Harv saying he's working on that, but no info about it was said in the last few devnotes. So I guess it already passed Q&A? Maybe?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.