Orbiter help.

bandit4910

Well I have landed on Venus, I tried to take off, I JUST get into the atmosphere when my engines thrust makes me spin out of control, I go into flames and hit Venus and still survive...

(Most likely because I stopped as soon as I saw flames...)

Any way to leave the atmosphere with out this happening?

Info:

I was at full thrust and full Hover, my radiators where disabled along with air breaks.

My nose cone was closed, my landing gear had been out...(I keep it out while in atmospheres incase of going down..) I\'m in a DG-MK4.

Time to make a new destenation...

Titan here I come!

I can\'t do that.

I am SO TERRIBLE at orbiter.

Btw, I suggest using the Arrow Freighter for your Titan trip.

Carry an XR-2 in your cargo bay too, so you can visit more than one of the moons when you are in saturn orbit.

I can\'t do that.

I am SO TERRIBLE at orbiter.

Btw, I suggest using the Arrow Freighter for your Titan trip.

Carry an XR-2 in your cargo bay too, so you can visit more than one of the moons when you are in saturn orbit.

Would I need another Sun orbit?

The way I got into my first one was just luck...

Oh. Sorry.

I never managed to get the hang of that thing.

I\'m SO TERRIBLE at orbiter, even getting to the moon is a challenge.

._.

Don\'t worry, I doing Orbiter for almost 2 years, but knows now, in 2012 how to dock ;P

I did that when I was playing orbiter, and that was a bad move.

I was spinning wildly and everyone in the cockpit started vomiting in zero-G.

I meant to make it hit the earth...

It eneded up going twoards mars, though...

I was the only one in there...

I believe there\'s an option somewhere to turn off thrust variation with air pressure; don\'t remember exactly where, though.

For anyone still climbing the learning curve in Orbiter (more of a learning cliff, really) I highly recommend this tutorial, if you haven\'t already found it: http://www.amcsorley.dsl.pipex.com/play_in_space.htm. It\'s one of the ones that taught me what\'s what back in the day. And keep with it! Orbiter is notoriously difficult to figure out, but once you get the basics, it get\'s much easier, and it\'s very rewarding to see all that work pay off :)

I believe there\'s an option somewhere to turn off thrust variation with air pressure; don\'t remember exactly where, though.

For anyone still climbing the learning curve in Orbiter (more of a learning cliff, really) I highly recommend this tutorial, if you haven\'t already found it: http://www.amcsorley.dsl.pipex.com/play_in_space.htm. It\'s one of the ones that taught me what\'s what back in the day. And keep with it! Orbiter is notoriously difficult to figure out, but once you get the basics, it get\'s much easier, and it\'s very rewarding to see all that work pay off :)

There is.

I used that setting and got out of the atmosphere...

I did that when I was playing orbiter, and that was a bad move.

I was spinning wildly and everyone in the cockpit started vomiting in zero-G.

I took it out of orbit.

by spinning it madly and firing thrusters :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.