How to get good TWR on Eve?

With the new aerodynamics and heating, and Slashy's data (delta-v requirements are around 7.3km a second now), I want a way to get a good TWR on Eve (My best was 0.88, with tons of rockets by the way). I also want efficiency, gotta have a reasonable rocket too. Any help is deeply appreciated.

I had a pre-1.0 lander model weighing ~60 tons achieving 9k vacuum delta-v that used 3 BACC SRBs and 3 LV-T30 for taking off, hopefully even with thrust downgraded in atmosphere it should be a good start.

Kaboom,

I'm not certain at this point that a launch from Eve is possible at all at this point. At least from sea level.

The only engines you have to work with are the aerospike and the Mammoth. Either can produce a theoretical max of 2000 to 2300 m/sec, but I'm not sure it's possible to break 7300 m/sec no matter how you stage it.

We'll be looking at it more closely as we learn new stuff.

Best,

-Slashy

One of the biggest issues here is making something that can be shipped out to eve with relative convenience that's still aerodynamic

testing some concepts using KER now.

EDIT: managed 6895 atmo dV; should come out to around 7.3k since you're doing things like circularization in vac (unless Slashy's estimates included that).

Edited by Sneaky Bstard Sword

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.