Modeling : Mercury 1/12

Herr Rictus Bingo

Hello everyone !

I would like to introduce you my model of the Mercury capsule I've made the last summer break. It's the kit from Atomic City & MRC, i think it's the best kit for a mercury I ever seen first because of the scale, 1/12 it's pretty big for a simple capsule. I've seen that Atomic city planned to make a 1/6 of the Mercury !

So there's some pictures of the "best".

Javascript is disabled. View full album

For the heatshield and escape-tower i've use a paintbrush and some black bomb-paint for the exterior of the Mercury and grey bomb for the interior :)

You may have seen behind the Mercury i've already made model of the LM it's the model from Revel 1/100 and the giant Saturn V from Revel 1/400. :D

Maybe here there is some space modeler ?

This is certainly neat, I like all the details in the control panel (and in general). I have done some physical modeling, mostly scratch clay scifi models, and paper.

More recently I have been getting into computer modeling, which is fun, but very different.

This is certainly neat, I like all the details in the control panel (and in general). I have done some physical modeling, mostly scratch clay scifi models, and paper.

More recently I have been getting into computer modeling, which is fun, but very different.

Thanks :) Oh the scratch... I don't know how to do that correctly in terms of matiere to use, because at the begining I wanted to add the periscope screen for more realism with History. But I don't know how to do proprely...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.