1.0 landing gear drag bug

Retracted landing gear in KSP 1.0 seems to produce more drag, than extended. When you extend landing gear, you should experience drop of speed. Did not happen. Speed inreased instead. When retracting, speed dropped.

So i can see that you are fiddling with gear drag somehow, but in wrong way ;) In real airplanes is gear used for good braking. It can be also damaged by excessive speed.

Another thing i noticed is altimeter behavior. Real altimeter has small triangle at the edge for tens of thousands not for hundreds. For hundereds is used a long needle. I am fixing this in cfg file of the altimeter, soiti behaves like real altimeter. Easy to change, think of it :)

Edited by Supernovy

Go into the debug menu (alt-f12) and under "aero" turn on the setting that lets you see the drag of each part in the right click menu. Use that to see if and how much the drag changes when you open and close the gear. Screenshots of opened and closed would help, and so would repeating that for all types of deployable gear.

Still in 1.02:

Gear down:

6D20C127BA1F4FAA042C17BFEFC69D6E70DE85A3

Gear up:

CD79B8A58A8224CE3399C1B31208B300B061F8A0

Thing is, when its down, drag value is say 10. When you press retract it jumps to 20 and goes down to 10 while retracting. Then it jumps up to 20 when it locks up. I would say Acd values of both models are reversed.

Small landing gear works correctly, I havent checked largest one yet.

Edited by Radam

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.