What's wrong with liquid fuel engines?

I started a career mode in 1.0 and all went well until I have to start using the liquid fuel pods and the engines (the second one that is capable of being controlled), using the solid fuel engines I can reach more or less 10.000m, but when I start using the liquid fuel engines the rocket became uncontrollable so I can never reach the proper angle and speed to leave Kerbin atmosphere and I need those liquid fuel engines so I can control the burn near the apoapsis. Can someone help please?

Also, is there any way to survive a reentry while carrying the small lab?

Thanks!

Uncontrollable rocket can also be caused by your ascent profile or aerodynamic issues. A lot of things aside from LF engines can be the cause.

And for the small lab I suggest using a heat shield below it but keeping SAS on towards retrograde so that your reentry module doesnt flip as it seems to be an issue with 1.0

I upgraded the launch pad but I don't have enough money to upgrade the vehicle assembly building so my rockets are not big enough to let me stablish a proper orbit, so that's a fish biting his own tail as without money to upgrade the vehicle assemble building I cannot get into orbit, without those science points I cannot build more effective rockets...

Can't send a picture right now but this should get you to orbit:

Upper stage: 1x FL-T400 tank, LV909 engine

Lower stage: 3x FL-T400 tanks, LV-T45 engine, plus two side mounted RT-10 SRBs. Add a couple of pairs of fins between the SRBs for extra stability.

That should lift a Mk1 pod plus materials lab into orbit with fuel to spare. You do need to unlock the LV909 first but suborbital flights with Goo pods or the Science Jr. plus crew reports and EVA reports where you can get them, should give you enough science to do that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.