Radial drill on Minmus suddenly overheated and will not cool down

So I landed a stock mining drill on Minmus and it filled its 3 small holding tanks with ore without going above 0% overheating. I sent a hauler out with a 2 star engineer to pick up the ore, and all was still well, transferring the mined ore into the hauler. I needed a little more ore to complete a mission so I left them docked and drilling for a moment, and performed a quick EVA to plant a flag in celebration of everything being awesome.

However, as soon as I boarded my hauler again, the drill reported being at 100% overheating and was no longer functioning. I turned it off to wait for it to cool down again, and unfortunately nothing I can do will get it to cool down. I have tried fully retracting the drill and returning to the control center. Time warped several days. Still the drill is at 100% overheating :(

The only mod I have installed is mechjeb, and I don't think it's related to the issue at hand. I am to the point where editing the save file is an option to work around this bug but I'm not sure what values to edit. I found the part, but changing its temp value from 266.667234985767 to 0 does not seem to have any effect.

Someone please help! Let me know if you need additional info. Thanks in advance.

This is a known bug, and is being addressed.

If you are feeling bold enough to alter your persistent.sfs file, and just can't wait for the update, here's how to temporarily fix it-

Locate the ISRU or drill unit on the ship in question in the persistent.sfs file. Change the following values to 1:

HeatThrottle = 1

avgHeatThrottle = 1

Note this will only temporarily return the drill or ISRU to functioning again. If you overheat it again, it will be stuck again. Again, this issue is known and is being addressed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.