Kookle Munar Y Prize

As you may know, Google has announsed a prize for a private-funded spacecraft that can reach Moon first.

And so did Kookle.

To win the Munar Y Prize you must build a CHEAPEST full-stock spacecraft. You must provide a pic of your craft in VAB/SPH with cost in it (no need for career howewer) and a pic of the spacecraft landed on Mun. A video is even better. NO MULTI-LAUNCHES. Cost is calculated for the whole ship, including the launcher.

EXTRA CREDITS

1. Traveller: as in real prize, must move 500 m away from the landing point.

2. Scientist: have ALL science expiriments on board.

NO BONUSES

This looks like a great way to start off my challenge mode career. I assume that a kerbal is not necessary to be in it and it is just a probe? This should be even easier.

Well, I adopted the slogan "Fairings are for the weak", and did my attempt at this, total cost 4 805 funds. I'd love to slap an RTG on the rover, but that would increase the cost 600%, which was ruled out as not acceptable.

Here's the craft download if anyone wants to verify or just curious. :)

n3iz3aGl.pngyMXcrUkl.png

I also tried to record my attempt, but, apparently, Bandicam doesn't record more than 10 minutes and I noticed that too late, so it's just the first half or so of the flight. :(

Great challenge! :)

Edited by juzeris

Here's my submission. I did it in 3915 funds, and my original flight does not include any of the extras. The flight took a few tries to get it right, but if you time the suicide burn correctly, then you have just enough fuel to land. In my run I didnt do the burn in enough time to get exactly to safe landing, but the probe core made it and still had power production so I deemed it as a success. Here's the craft download if anyone wants to verify.

KYaC3fm.jpg

SgUGXLr.jpg

fZ8e6Q7.jpg

1DcWNl3.png

ldfnt7Y.jpg

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.