Bug? RCS mode changes nothing.

Has anyone else got a problem with RCS thrusters since the 1.0 release?

I'm trying to dock a ship to my station, but no matter which mode I'm in staging or docking the controls are identical and behave as though my only option is staging. So I can't thrust forward, back, left, right, up or down from my station. I can only rotate the ship.

Edited by Draslin
answered

You have to use IJKL for translating in staging or docking mode, or do some overly complicated tweaks (which I don't remember but that you can find in the forums) in the commands menu to separate docking control from staging.

Takes some getting used to if you are familiar with the old docking mode only, but I always liked the staging better, as it gave me immediate control over both translation and rotation at the same time. The default controls go as follows:

K - translate up

I - translate down

J - translate left

L - translate right

H - translate forward

N - translate back

Good luck! :)

That appears to work. Definitely not what I was used to. Thanks.

Takes some getting used to if you are familiar with the old docking mode only, but I always liked the staging better, as it gave me immediate control over both translation and rotation at the same time. The default controls go as follows:

K - translate up

I - translate down

J - translate left

L - translate right

H - translate forward

N - translate back

Good luck! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.