[1.4] Electrical engines !

Are the engines too powerful for their electric consumption ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Are the engines too powerful for their electric consumption ?

• Yes
    • No

Awesome! I particularly like the fact it doesn't destroy the sun anymore.

Ahahaha, thank you :)

10MB for the mesh files! That huge! :confused:

What do you want me to do ? :(, it's the complex structure of the engine bottom sphere that takes space :(

folder structure in the zip with the update seems a bit off. Have to make a folder under GameData to add the contents of the zip to rather then straight copy. Could make it difficult for some users will lower folder structure experience.

I'll do it next update !

Speaking about the next update, I'm gonna make something pretty awesome:

I think about two things, the first one is foldable/unfoldable rotor engines like this one

N145CE_11.jpg

Or maybe better ion engines based on ionic collisions :)

the foldable rotors seems more interesting, but the animation and conditions part seems pretty hard, but I think I'll take it :)

You know, You shouldn't use the resource "IntakeAir" for this engine.

Either it won't work on Duna or Eve... or if the air intake on this part doesn't check for oxygen, then this can be used to allow rapiers to work on Duna or Eve.

You know, You shouldn't use the resource "IntakeAir" for this engine.

Either it won't work on Duna or Eve... or if the air intake on this part doesn't check for oxygen, then this can be used to allow rapiers to work on Duna or Eve.

Yep I'll remove the check for oxygen for those parts, do you have a suggestion for engine without air intakes ?

Changed the animation because of center of rotation will make me crazy if I'll continue with it like this :P

EDIT: Had some work today, I'll resume tomorrow.

It'll be a GREAT PLEASURE if you show me some tutorial how to add the firespitter plugin and make the engine spinning speed depends of the thrust

Edited by touzenesmy

Awesome stuff! Could use some stock-ish textures. Too bad I don't have my tablet anymore, because I would've helped you with that.

How about a probe-sized radially mounted one?

Awesome stuff! Could use some stock-ish textures. Too bad I don't have my tablet anymore, because I would've helped you with that.

How about a probe-sized radially mounted one?

Next update I promise ;)

In this update I'll bring you two parts, and believe me, you'll LOVE them ;)

I have a problem with the packaging of your mod.

You've included Firespitter.dll in your plugins directory instead of in the [correct] /GameData/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.DLL location.

If you're going to packing in DLLs from other mods please keep them in the original mods location. Firespitter updated and having two versions of the DLL causes issues.

Any news on this stuff? I really like it, those engines and batteries are cool :D. The texture is... well, not so good. The RAM it takes also says the same. I hope you can make those textures better and maybe add a radial electric propeller engine. There is already one from KAX, but that just sips charge like crazy and my game isn't very nice to KAX. It would be awesome if these engines could use FScoolant or intakeatm instead of intake air as resource, imagine a Duna biplane or an Eve fighter :confused:.

Can I make a second call for things like firespitter to be in the correct folder structure and for a version that uses existing textures for those of us on a diet as far as memory footprint goes?

Also, if you get time, could you update the OP with the battery capacity and engine power usages?

And finally (sorry to just make a series of requests) add me to the users who would download this like a shot if the 'air' on Duna and Eve was as usable by an electric fan as air on kerbin, which my mind says it should be.

The Mk2 Battery Tank is not quite fitting properly with the stock Mk2 parts.

Also, there's no texture on the inside of the shroud on the XT-01, at the right angle, it just disappears.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.