Resource system improvement.

The new stock resource system is really nice. Here's what I think can be done to make it better.

1. Resource overlay: persistent settings (per planet, per resource). If I set up a cutoff and pattern, It means that I would like to see this resource map for this planet exactly like that, without tuning it every time. I'd like it to be saved.

2. Narrow band scanner's GUI: autoupdate. It doesn't need to be drawn on every OnUpdate or something like that. 1FPS for the map would do just well. Clicking refresh-refresh-refresh-refresh isn't fun.

2.1. Ability to save the resource map with coordinates, say, in Science Archive, under separate tab, "Exploration" or something like that.

2.2. Synergy with the contract system: ability to generate an empty/generic mission for the saved region. 0 science, 0 rep, 0 funds, but what's important, a nav point on the surface for me to easily find the spot I liked and land there.

2.3. Maybe new part to make photos of said spot and save them - how cool would that be! Target the navpoint, click "take photo" and if the site is visible, render high-detail terrain image as seen from the current position.* Maybe a part which would make an elevation/inclination map for said spot. All linked together and saved under the same folder inside Science Archives: "Site Duna-XYZ-789".

See the workflow? Make a scan, save location, create a mission, take photos from different angles and radar scan from orbit, then send small rover to find/confirm exact hotspot and closest flat terrain, then send a refinery. What do you think?

*Bonus points to developers if it would also allow to take photos of satellites, ground bases and celestial objects in the same manner.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.