Fix Vals face in the 'start game' screen

I spent an 3 hours in photoshop to make a little critique of Vals appearence in the 'Start Game' menu, here it is:

R8zJaEx.jpg

Now my suggestion would be, for Val to have the gold tinted face shield, like the others, and also:

A: slowly spinning around like a top

or

B: slowly doing front or backflips

In both of those options she would not be holding her EVA controls, but rather arms out, grinning like mad, just enjoying the sensation of weightlessness while slowly spinning about.

Edited by r4pt0r

who could blame her? i mean she is alone in the middle of nowhere with three guys...

or she is holding her breath, since there is no face shield on her suit, someone in the planning staff screwed up big time, probably the dude with the sandwich from the release video :D

The "gold tint" is the reflection of the sun, seems like they forgot to include it in her suit shader.

Not exactly, NASA says

A thin layer of gold on an astronaut's helmet visor fends off dangerous effects of solar radiation.

Not exactly, NASA says
A thin layer of gold on an astronaut's helmet visor fends off dangerous effects of solar radiation.

well, it sucks being something official, you could never just say: "it looks cool, that's why!" :D

i am by no means an expert, just speculating, but the good look of it is probably the main reason. i personally doubt that a thin gold layer is a decent protection against higher levels of radiation and the levels they do protect from probably won't build up to a dangerous amount of radiation in the body considering the time an astronaut spends on EVA. maybe it is mostly for dimming direct sunlight and a broader area of the electromagnetic spektrum?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.