Does anyone actually know?

Does anyone actually know what EVA/IVA mean? no seriously, the only thing i can think of is IVA = In Vehicle Access, which makes no sense, halp?

Does anyone actually know what EVA/IVA mean? no seriously, the only thing i can think of is IVA = In Vehicle Access, which makes no sense, halp?

See above for the real meanings, but to me, these terms mean the following:

EVA: Extremely Violent Activity

When a Kerbal outside a spaceship does any animation, he has Hulk-like strength and destroys everything in his path. I can't being to tell you how many missions I've lost due to fallen Kerbals standing up under landers. And in 1.0+, it's even worse with that "clamber" mechanic. In the old days, you got in and out of capsules with F, but nowadays, that's on B and F is the "clamber" thing. And the "clamber" thing should really be named "Hulk SMASH!!!!!" So if you're in the life-long habit of using F to get in and out of capsules, and you do that now instead of hitting B, your Kerbal can and often will rip your ship to pieces with his bare hands.

IVA = Innocent Virtual Activity

Kerbals safely inside pods can't cause any damage. It's the best place to keep them :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.