Much closer to the Saturn V now

Made with Sunday Punch and NovaSilisko's packs:

screenshot5tl.png

It's missing the winglets down the bottom (but NASA was planning on removing them from future Saturn Vs anyway).

Also, the S-IVB and CSM are both dummy stages, since the 1-2m and 2-3m parts aren't decoupler shrouds, so there are no decouplers and no engines on those.

EDIT: removed .craft file as it won't load properly

Sunday Punch's quad 3m motor and decoupler is the weak point if trying for a full up Saturn build with two 3m stages. I only got it to work by deleting the quad motor and going with three 3m tanks on the 5x1 plate and stock LFRs. With two 2m tanks+motor on top of that, followed by a long 1m tank+motor, plus a small tank and small motor for orbiter decent.

It's wobbley as all heck and I added the RCS module just above the 2m stage, and the 2m SAS ring.

Added pic

This version blows up on the pad, remove the quad motor and shroud from the middle of the 3m stage and it works. I also cfg edited the RCS module to be a fuel tank for the CSM rocket

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.