A-173 "Wehingit" Aeroplane!

The A-173 is a fairly large craft using the Mk3 fuselage and swept wings. As you can see in the pictures below it has 3 sets of swept wings on top of the craft, the longest set having 3 engines on each side. The craft Can be flown with only one pair of engines going, although it won\'t be going too fast. The recommended is having all three pairs running (more speed!).

The craft, for it\'s size, is rather maneuverable.

To land just find a big open, flat piece of land and land as you normally would. Except try not coming down as hard, the plane\'s a rather fragile thing when landing.

Screenshots:

Front-view in SPH:

EwPKn.jpg

Back-view in SPH:

SFqWL.jpg

After takeoff:

TX7it.jpg

Flying between the water tower and launch tower:

TXBQM.jpg

Guest GroundHOG-2010

From my perspective, having that amount of engines is just wasteful as these aircraft. The main reason (renember, this is my perspective, not everyones) for having a large craft is more fuel (therefore longer range), if you have that amount of engines, your actually losing range for not much more speed (then there is a whole other topic of engines and dead weight).

From my perspective, having that amount of engines is just wasteful as these aircraft. The main reason (renember, this is my perspective, not everyones) for having a large craft is more fuel (therefore longer range), if you have that amount of engines, your actually losing range for not much more speed (then there is a whole other topic of engines and dead weight).

That\'s kinda why I put the staging so that you can use one, two, or three. (or activate/deactivate while flying) depending on what you want to do with it.

(Also, forgot the craft file, whoops)

Guest GroundHOG-2010

That\'s kinda why I put the staging so that you can use one, two, or three. (or activate/deactivate while flying) depending on what you want to do with it.

(Also, forgot the craft file, whoops)

Its sort of illogical for me to put power over range and then not use it. Thats like flying a concorde bellow the speed of sound because you don\'t want to.

Also, I know this thing has way too much power because I have flown aircraft from the launch tower that are twice the size of that aircraft (maybe even 3 times the size) on 4 engines (two per side, all at the back of the aircraft VC-10 style, sometimes 6 engines).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.